Bourbon Syrup

TimmyBoston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A good friend of mine, who coincidentally introduced me to this website gave me a great and easy recipe.

Bourbon Syrup

Each parts:

Bourbon

White sugar

Mix them in a saute pan and cook over medium heat until full incorporated. Then pour over anything from pancakes to ice cream.

Great stuff

A good friend of mine, who coincidentally introduced me to this website gave me a great and easy recipe.

Bourbon Syrup

Each parts:

Bourbon

White sugar

Mix them in a saute pan and cook over medium heat until full incorporated. Then pour over anything from pancakes to ice cream.

Great stuff

''What Bourbon do you reccomend?

Ed

You don't need especially sweet bourbon because of adding all the sugar into the mixture. I've used Knob Creek, Russell's Reserve and Woodford.

Also be careful not to flambe' the bourbon because it will burn for a long time and will probably end up burning the sugar.

Another good bourbon to use is Eagle Rare 10 SB, it has a nice maple flavor and isn't too high in price to cook with.

• 1 month later...

I do the same, usually for waffles. Works great. Haven't really fretted too much about what type of bourbon to use. Usually just something fairly inexpensive like Jim Beam Black.

I use syrup like this in several desserts. Add some strong black coffee and you have Kentucky Kahlua...:yum:

Bj

I've have mentioned Conecuh Ridge some in the past...again, the rich flavors of syrup are very large..especially on the nose. Maybe a good pairing for those who want to entertain eating over pancakes or waffles as stated in previous posts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.