BOTM, 6/06: PVW 15yo

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like the newer bottle because it is more narrow than the original. I can fit more bottles into my liquor cabinet this way!

OK Tim, I agree that allowing more bottles in the cabinet is important! So, perhaps we can agree that the old ORVW squat bottle is a purer form of bourbon bottle and more aesthetically pleasing, while allowing that the new PVW bottle is more efficient in it's use of available space. I suppose a workable compromise might be to soak off the label of one's final bottle of ORVW and reattach it to a new bottle of PVW 15...? Tom V

I dunno guys, I like the new bottle for many of the same reasons but mostly because it gives me something to look forward to: smoking a big old stogie and drinking bourbon when my hair turns grey(er).

The newer bottle/label is destined for legendary status as well. The old edition will always be more desirable simply because it is out of production. IMHO, both are classics - but, in different ways. Once again, I tip my hat to JVW for the tradition of class and excellence on both sides of the glass in each bottle whether present or former.

• 5 months later...

You're never too late, either to enjoy Pappy or to write about it here. But after you try it, you might ask yourself why you waited so long.

Wifey said... those bottles are for Christmas... So, have to wait until then to open one. I have tried the 10y 107P before. But.. hey.. those bottles are hard to get here in N Cal. 1st chance I have ever seen and I jumped on it. I got the last 2 bottles from BevMo.com. in the state of CA. Cost me ~$40 per bottle after tax. :grin:

Need to work harder on getting some more 10y 107. I really liked that last year around this time.

Wifey said... those bottles are for Christmas... So, have to wait until then to open one. I have tried the 10y 107P before. But.. hey.. those bottles are hard to get here in N Cal. 1st chance I have ever seen and I jumped on it. I got the last 2 bottles from BevMo.com. in the state of CA. Cost me ~$40 per bottle after tax. :grin:

Need to work harder on getting some more 10y 107. I really liked that last year around this time.

SCREEEEECH!!!! Stop the bus. I have one PVW15 at the BEVMO down the street, and two more at another. I haven't even been to the other six in my area. BEVMO's online inventory is nowhere near accurate. Always call the store to check the stock.

Welcome to the board by the way. Whereabout's in Norcal are you at?

Im in San Jose, but I had to go to Fremont to get my 2 bottles. Around here.. If there are more bottles, they will be gone by Christmas. Could always try to order online from HiTimes.... but who knows... Binnys or Sams??

I picked up the last bottle that the BevMo in Ranho Cucamonga had just this evening. Online they claimed to have 4. Beware indeed.

Really, if I search BevMo.com ship to Ca... They don't show any 15y bottles. This is strange, but possible. You show 4, I show 0. As for actually store count.. I dont know... Would be nice if they did have alot more. Althought I havent tried any as of yet. I know it will be GOOD. And I know I would like access to lots more.

Oh, BTW... New to SB.com.. but not new to Bourbon. I have tried most of the past BOTM. But will not re-try J. B. White... Grew up on Black Velvet. Loved the ads in the 70's.... Now cant stand the stuff.

I picked up the last bottle that the BevMo in Ranho Cucamonga had just this evening. Online they claimed to have 4. Beware indeed.

YOU BASTARD!!!!! :duel:

I was heading up there this week to pick up some parts for work. That was on my list.

Oh, well.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!