BOTM, 7/06: Woodford Reserve

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Most of the WR's in Australia are batch 5 or 6 and have the Henderson signature on them. How old would they be?

I actually dont mind WR at all. But maybe if our WR's are older, they might taste different to the ones everyone else are reviewing.

I've had some early Woodford and I thought that is was good bourbon, but that was several years ago. The most recent bottle was not of the same quality.

My first bottle of WR (06/2006) was, at the time, my favorite yet. It was the first whiskey that I would only drink neat. I bought a second bottle and was not as impressed. It had a medicinal quality that ran ram-shod over any other good qualities that WR originally possessed. A third bottle reinforced this. As of now, the price cannot be justified. I'd much rather drink Old Overholt. (Not to sound derogatory, I really do like Old Overholt. It's much less expensive, though.)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!