Rye Tasting Results for 10-11-06

BourbonJoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thanks for the test results. Although my palate has not really become fond of rye as of yet, perhaps I might be well-advised to drop some cash on the Saz 18. It has almost disappeared in my area as all previous Saz did as well......even before Stagg.

I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob

I certainly would. IIRC, there wasn't as much of it made as of Stagg. Even if you never develop a taste for rye, you'll have something good to share. And although I'm a Stagg fan, if I walk into a store, there's a bottle of each, and just one $50 bill in my pocket, the Saz is coming home with me.

Bob

Glad you made that point about the comparison of production between Saz and Stagg. I had forgotten about the difference. You've convinced me, I better grab one while I can. Thanks for the good advice.

If anyone else out there needs one, let me know. The only retailer in my town who has any left probably has only 3-5.....well, as of a week ago. Going to check with them tomorrow. I'll just be picking up one for meself. Here in west Tennessee it goes for a little higher than most other places in the nation - $61.08 - partially due to our wonderful sales tax of 9.25%......and, it may quite likely rise again soon due to the government of the city of Memphis being unable to find its way out of the red ink.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.