Buffalo Bourbon

TimmyBoston
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm a huge fan of Buffalo Wings and I want them as hot as ya can make 'em. Lately I've been accompanying my Blazin' Wings with a beer and a shot of bourbon, neat. It's a fantastic combo. So far it's my favorite bourbon/food combination.

I'm a huge wing fan but I've given up on the as hot as you can make 'em angle. When I make my own I like to make them with Frank's Red Hot and then add some extra kick with a hotter sauce. I used to really kick them up but found that most people didn't enjoy them and I (and my innards) seemed to agree.

I once had Habanero Wings at one of my favorite spots. I couldn't eat them without immediately washing them down with a beer. I wiped my head with my hand and my fingers left a trail!!!!!

I'll leave out the part of what happened when I went to the bathroom!!

See that's why I have the bourbon right on hand to put out the fire. :cool: It works faster than beer. It really is a nice flavor combination. You should try it next time you make your wings.

I'll tell my wife you said so. I think she really despises this list! You guys (and gals) put to many good thoughts into my head!

Around here we just call them "wings". Its not a bad place to live if you can stand the occasional snow storm in October ha ha. And yes they're great with any pretty much any beer/bourbon.

I got a turkey fryer a few years ago, and now find that I use it more often for Wings than anything else. I big bag of Costco wings cooks up in about 10 minutes...I toss it with the Franks and Butter recipe and they disappear real fast. I have a great blue cheese dip sauce to go with them. A great fast high quantity tasty appetizer.

I had some great wings today at Duff's, a classic Buffalo hang-out for wings but this was the Toronto outpost. I had the red sauce hot which was, in the parlance of the store, very very hot. Today they were especially good, the chicken was very fresh and the sauce just right. A classic from upstate New York.

gary

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.