George Dickel Rebate

johnrobe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight I picked up a new Heaven Hill product at the liquor store, Old Whiskey River....but more on that later, after I take time to taste it.

I noticed that most of the 750ml bottles of George Dickel (no. 8 and no. 12) had new hang tags so I picked one up for closer inspection. Apparently they are having a mail-in rebate promotion which applies only to the 750ml bottles. You get $2 back for 1 bottle and $5 back for two bottles. You mail in the hang tag with your receipt and in 4-6 weeks George Dickel sends you a check. I didn't catch how long the promotion will run, I'm sure it was on there but I don't remember.

Dickel isn't all that expensive to begin with, and I don't think I've ever seen a distillery rebate on whiskey. It makes me wonder if things are going from bad to worse at Dickel.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Sounds to me more like things are going from bad to bett... less bad. Hang tag rebates are common, at least in Kentucky. Heaven Hill, Barton's, and (at one time) Ancient Age always seemed to have either the neck tags or coupons displayed near the door of the store. The fact that you're seeing them on Dickel at least indicates that someone at a distributor level or above is actually interested in selling some of it. That's a clear improvement over how it's been up to now, and I find it encouraging.

=John=

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey>http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey</A>

My reaction was exactly the same as yours, i.e., at least someone has noticed they have a product called George Dickel in their portfolio and might want to try selling some of it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

I haven't seen the rebates here in Indiana yet, butdid find George Dickel #12 on sale recently at a very resonable price of $14 a bottle.

I had never been a big fan of Tennessee whisky before, but I took a bottle of the George Dickle #12 on a recent camping trip and really enjoyed it. Great flavor, smooth finish and a terrific warm sensation as it goes down your throat. This Tennessee sipping whisky has earned a regular spot next to my favorite bourbons.

No doubt the rebate is good news for Dickel. I just wondered if something the likes of a slump in sales precipitated the promotion. BTW, the hang tags were on Dickel bottles in Bowling Green, KY. I picked up some wine this weekend here in Nashville, and I noticed that there were NO hangtags on Dickel bottles.

John,

If you pick up the 8 and the 12 Dickel together, please do a comparison tasting sometime. We 've had some spirited chat on this forum regarding the Dickel 10, but I don't recall any direct comparison of number 8 vs. 12.

Thanks,

Omar

I will certainly get around to it sometime Omar. Although my short list of bourbons to try is as follows...

Old Grand Dad 114

Eagle Rare 10 y.o. Single Barrel

Old Commonwealth 10 y.o. 107 (if I can find it, it's proving to be elusive)

Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel

The funny thing is, when I started reading this forum my liquor cabinet consisted of one shelf that was dominated by bourbon. Pretty soon I had to dedicate an entire shelf just for bourbon. Now that shelf has reached capacity. I may need to dedicate the entire pantry closet to bourbon....oh what a good problem to have. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Omar you twisted my arm! I picked up a fifth of George Dickel No. 12 on my last Bowling Green run and I got a half pint of No. 8 (I gotta draw the line somewhere!) :) tonight while shopping for some Chimay and Maredsous Belgian ales.

One curious observation I made is that the No. 12 was bottled in Lawrenceburg, IN while the No. 8 just says "Bottled in Canada" and "Imported by United Distillers, Stamford CT". It's no surprise to me about Lawrenceburg but I didn't know they were bottling in Canada.

As for the Rebate Offer, it's only valid for residents of FL, GA, KY, NC, and VA. And it ends 12/31/01.

JR

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

As wacky as it sounds Ken Weber was telling us that the scuttelbutt on Dickel was that either some or all of the stock had been trucked up to Canada. Very strange indeed, but at least Canada now has some good whiskey.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest **DONOTDELETE**

hello all

As I can recall, wasnt it" merle the pearl" that said "if you can find a better burbon, buy it"

I dont know about you, but I had no wish to argue with the "Hag", so I went to scotch.......hehe

I dont know why but I find myself compled to reply to several posts, and bring up the dreaded word "scotch". Please bear with me, as my paycheck, allowes me to become enlightened.

For some reason my wife wont allow me to go to the liquor store with the checkbook.

cheers,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.