Chatting with Julian Van Winkle

LewBryson
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Given your moniker, why not make a wine cooler with 1/2 Hirsch to 1/2 MD 20/20? Keeping with the fruity theme, have you considered jello shots?

Cheers,

Bushido

This is a joke right! Mixing good bourbon with coke would be like putting catsup on a hotdog!

Theron

Jack, for the love of God, if you lose the cork you DRINK THE BOTTLE DRY! Any bourbon drinker worth his salt knows ... Oh. Wait a minute. You drink JD, don't you?

Never mind.

Lew Bryson

Hirsch Reserve 16 YO: Real Pennsylvania Bourbon

Lew,

Good to see you are still alive and cantankerous as ever ... you had me worried for a while there.

Regards,

Jim Butler

StraightBourbon.com

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Theron, this may seem like a joke to you, but that is how me and the boys do things up here on Rocky Top.

Lew, good suggestion. In fact last night on the way home I stopped at a quick shop for a 40 ounce bottle of Schlitz Malt Liquor. One of these will usually last all evening. Well, wouldn't you know, I lost the twisty cap. So before I left the truck I made sure that big 'artillary shell' bottle was dry. Thanks.

Been doin a little more expermintin' : Another killer combination is Hirsch and peppermint schnapps. The Hirsch brings forth the peppermint taste like no other bourbon. Add a few peppermint leaves and a teaspoon of brown sugar and the peppermint flavor just explodes onto your taste buds. Exquisite.

Jack "Daniels" McCracken

I 'Volunteer' for Tennessee Whiskey

I've got to weigh-in on this one boys.

Last year, I was at a party at a friends house over Christmas in Mobile, AL. We were all enjoying a bottle of Old Rip 90 proof. After it was drained, the host brought out a bottle of Jack Black. We all "tried" a sip...we all went to beer after that.

JPVW

Come now Julian, in all fairness there is only a handfull of whiskies that can stand up to Old Rip.

Besides you are only supposed to drink "Jack Black" out of dirty shot glasses in smoke filled bars late at

night when you are trying to convince some sweet young thing that she ought to come home with you.

Theron

I was in a bar last night with some friends who are many years my junior. One of them wanted to know what scotch he should specify for the Rusty Nail he was ordering and he couldn't quite grasp that the correct answer is: "It doesn't matter." (The upscale bar had no well brands.)

- chuck

It's like worrying about whether the tequila in your strawberry frozen margarita is 100% agave. If you're gonna do that to it, it's too late anyway.

Hey Jack! I hope you're using the Hirsch 20 Year Old in all these crankcase drinks you're making!

Lew Bryson

Heh...

I must admit, I'm hanging around here to learn from Chuck. If I'm not saying anything, it's because I don't care to reveal my ignorance.

Cantankerous, on the other hand, that I got down pretty good!

Lew Bryson

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.