PAUL JONES

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I HAVE A BOTTLE OF PAUL JONES MADE IN 1917 AND BOTTLED IN 1934 BY H.S. BARTON DIV #24, 2ND DIST. KY BY FRANKFORT DISTILLERY INC AND HAS A CALIF DISTILLED SPIRITS TAX STAMP DATED 1 JULY 1935. I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON PAUL JONES QUALITY OF WHISKEY AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION OUT THERE.

REGARDS,

IKMAN

I also received this inquiry via email and to the extent anyone might be interested, here is my reply:

First, let me tell you that there really isn't much of a market for collectible American whiskey, so I can't give you an estimate as to value and I would discourage you from expecting to find someone willing to pay a large sum for it. Such a market simply does not exist, to the best of my knowledge.

Paul Jones was the founder of what became Four Roses, which is consistent with the Frankfort name but not with the Owensboro address. My guess is that there was a consolidation warehouse (a creature of prohibition) in Owensboro that briefly owned the brand. As for "H.S. Barton," I don't know if that name is associated with Barton Brands or if the similarity is a coincidence. Again, the Owensboro address is wrong. The Barton Distillery is in Bardstown. The Medley family was

active in the Owensboro area, and Glenmore also had facilities there. I hope this is helpful. Sorry I couldn't provide more.

--Chuck Cowdery

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.