Blues and Bourbon

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was talking with Scott Barretta, editor of Living Blues Magazine, this weekend at the Chicago Blues Festival (the world's largest free admission blues festival) and he mentioned that he is an Old Charter drinker, which is readily available in Oxford, Mississippi, but not so easy to find other places.

While we are on the subject, I have it on good authority that Muddy Waters drank Old Fitzgerald.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

The MAN knows good bourbon! from the STITZEL-WELLER distillery.life is good-den

Chuck, your comment about Scott drinking Old Charter got me wondering -- who's making OC these days? Like Creggor, I'm a huge fan of the 13y Reserve. Nectar of the Gods.

Tonight I cracked open an Old Weller Antique Original 107 Brand (gold thread bottle). No way to tell when it was bottled, but man it is balanced and flavorful beyond my expectations. I'm drinking this baby straight -- yet there's no heat despite its 107 proof.

Omar

Although they haven't made much noise about it, Old Charter is now a Sazerac/Buffalo Trace product. It acquired the brand in early 1999 when the then newly-formed Diageo virtually exited the American Whiskey business.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://cowdery.home.netcom.com>--Chuck Cowdery</A>

Omar , no # on the bottom? that is good stuff--enjoy--must be S-W-stuff-life is good-den

Thanks Den!

I'm bringing my one and only bottle of Very Very Old Fitzgerald 12 to the fest to share. I'll let Mr. Bourbonian of the Year 2002 open it himself.

Cheers,

Omar

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Very shrewd choice Omar! I'll bet Chuck will nominate you for 'Bourbonian of the Year' in 2003! Clever -> very clever! wink.gif

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Your a good man Omar. Chuck calls that bourbon pure ambrosia and i agree. only have 4 left-life is good-den

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.