Wondering If any members have ever drank Kinsey Silver or Gold Blended Whiskey

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having worked at Kinsey over five years late 1960's through early 1970's I never had the chance to try any Kinsey Brand Whiskey Gold or Silver and I have never been lucky enough to own a bottle or have a drink of it but they did make it in the 1970's I have some empty bottles and a case dated 1971. They had some really cool ads they would put an image of JG Kinsey in the air above people drinking it with a shot glass in his hand toasting them in the sprite of the 1890's. When I worked there an oldtimer who ended up working there for almost 50 years told me after Publicker bought it late 1939 early 1940 that old Jake Kinsey used to stop by to visit his former employees at lunch time in the tunnel we ate our lunch at when I worked there right behind the bottom of old #12. I am really wondering as He told me Kinsey one the Best Blended Whiskey's ever made and I would like some input into how Good it was. He loved the stuff!

Dave

Having worked at Kinsey over five years late 1960's through early 1970's I never had the chance to try any Kinsey Brand Whiskey Gold or Silver and I have never been lucky enough to own a bottle or have a drink of it but they did make it in the 1970's I have some empty bottles and a case dated 1971. They had some really cool ads they would put an image of JG Kinsey in the air above people drinking it with a shot glass in his hand toasting them in the sprite of the 1890's. When I worked there an oldtimer who ended up working there for almost 50 years told me after Publicker bought it late 1939 early 1940 that old Jake Kinsey used to stop by to visit his former employees at lunch time in the tunnel we ate our lunch at when I worked there right behind the bottom of old #12. I am really wondering as He told me Kinsey one the Best Blended Whiskey's ever made and I would like some input into how Good it was. He loved the stuff!

Dave

I also wonder if any member was lucky enough to have been around to drink Kinsey Rye from the #10 Rye building.

• 2 weeks later...
I also wonder if any member was lucky enough to have been around to drink Kinsey Rye from the #10 Rye building.

If any of the members knows where I can get an old Bottle of Kinsey Gold or Silver full Please Let me know I have never had either one and Having worked there I have always wondered what it was like it was supposed to be the Best blended ever in its time!

Dave z

• 1 month later...

If anyone out there has a bottle of Kinsey Gold or Kinsey Silver please Let me know as I would love to buy it! It is one that while working there I never got to drink and i have wanted to give it a try for many years!

Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.