Pictures of the old Bottling machines and other stuff

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have just sent jeff some more pictures of the old Bottling Machines some shots of some old out buildings in the woods at Kinsey and some shots of the Fire watch window room that sits on top of the Fire observation Room so you could look east above and not have to look across the roof as the lower window you look across the roof Jeff will put these on today so if you do not see them when you look please come back again to look. I made a special trip into the place Sat to get the shots of the Machines which are sitting up in Building O the old Goverment building. The Place was 200 acrea's when i worked there and When Jacob Kinsey owned it about 400 acre's. Also there are 2 pictures of a old oil fill tranformer in the woods.

Dave

I have just sent jeff some more pictures of the old Bottling Machines some shots of some old out buildings in the woods at Kinsey and some shots of the Fire watch window room that sits on top of the Fire observation Room so you could look east above and not have to look across the roof as the lower window you look across the roof Jeff will put these on today so if you do not see them when you look please come back again to look. I made a special trip into the place Sat to get the shots of the Machines which are sitting up in Building O the old Goverment building. The Place was 200 acrea's when i worked there and When Jacob Kinsey owned it about 400 acre's. Also there are 2 pictures of a old oil fill tranformer in the woods.

Dave

When Jeff's name is on the reply the Pictures will be up and I will state what they are! I can't get my Computer to resize them so Jeff has been kind enough to post them for me. Sorry for the delay.

Dave Z

Building O and its current residents....The Singer Family of bottling machines....

post-1653-14489813727131_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813727411_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813727682_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813728099_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813728498_thumb.jpg

post-1653-1448981372889_thumb.jpg

Building O and its current residents....The Singer Family of bottling machines....

These are old Singer Bottling machines and one picture of a line to roll boxes down from the 1966 Modern Bottling house for some reason I don't know why when they closed they moved these all up to Building O the Government Building to store could be they got differant ones to do the solvents and anitfreeze that they did there from 1980 through till spring 1986 when they gave up although I think mostly they just changed stuff on the machines they had in there time these were the Best and very easy to use for many things! I decided it was important for History to get some pictures of these so I made a special trip This past Saturday to get some pictures of these and of the top room on the Fire tower My Buddy Don climbed up there with my Camera to get the pictures for me as I am not to good on ladders Jeff posted those on the Fire tower thread! There will be a few more pictures here soon from Jeff when you see his name on this thread again you will know he has put some more of the Pictures up some are Publicker Paper work I am lucky enough to have and some of some old Out buildings and an old oil filled power Tranformer in the woods and some other stuff I will write about then.

Dave.

Here are some pic's from the outskirts of the industrial park. Fill in the blanks Dave.....my favorite is the view of the cooling tower in the last pic

post-1653-14489813732269_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813732705_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813733128_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813733527_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813733958_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813734408_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813734837_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813735256_thumb.jpg

post-1653-14489813735666_thumb.jpg

Here are some pic's from the outskirts of the industrial park. Fill in the blanks Dave.....my favorite is the view of the cooling tower in the last pic

Here we go going across left to right the pictures are

1. An old Filled filled Tranformer station out in the woods halfway toward the grounds that are farm ground about a mile plus from the front. I lifted the lids and you could still smell oil. Looks like 1940's style

2. A Fire hydrent out in the woods about 1 1/4 miles from the front brodering the farm field along the fence row.

3&4. This small building cabin like sits in the woods left side of the road below one of the steer pens it had if you look at the first picture taken through the door way a hole in the wall where there was a heater. I think this was first used when they had the steers down back for the persons that would tend the steers feed them put them in at night as the pens also when they were standing had stalls for them to be under cover at night very Humane, and stalls out side for them to eat out of a very long and large cast iron trough.

5. Heat and other pipes running down into the woods to a small sub station along the fence border more then a mile and a 1/4 from the front boiler rooms.

6. Truck sits abandon at what was the next steer pen from the little Cabin in the woods. One of the only two that still sit in the plant that did not go to the junck yard.

7.Building #38 tank building at the very back of the plant about a mile from the front.

8. Looking from building #38 down toward the front of the plant they have now mowed the weeds and I am guessing going to take ground samples, for Dep which is suposed to be done every year by the owner and he has not for years acording to something I read in the paper. A Nucear View.

Here are some documents produced by the Publicker folks:

These are documents I am lucky enough to have the first two are pages from an old Broshure put out by Publicker about their ability to package & bottle just about any industrial liquid. The next two are for A&P stores telling and listing what they have yet in Whiskeys producted for them under the Red Crown Label which Continental had complete rights to before they quit Bottling Whiskeys. The third is about glass ware Bottles they have for sale for Whiskey ect!

Dave Z

1. An old Filled filled Tranformer station out in the woods halfway toward the grounds that are farm ground about a mile plus from the front. I lifted the lids and you could still smell oil. Looks like 1940's style

dave and all, i'd be REAL careful with that old transformer- it's liable to be filled with PCB's. very dangerous stuff. EPA hazmat clean-up dangerous.jim kube

dave and all, i'd be REAL careful with that old transformer- it's liable to be filled with PCB's. very dangerous stuff. EPA hazmat clean-up dangerous.jim kube

Thanks Jim Don't worry I won't be going back to it, just taking pictures to give an idea how very big the place was when operating. Even though I worked there over five years and half of it in the grounds & yard gang I see things I never knew were there. I just wish someone would save the old Buildings they being Explosion proof would be great to make into Condo's you would have a home that could not burn down.

Thanks for the advice Jim don't know if and when I will ever go back to the plant anymore!

Dave Z

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.