Enjoying Whiskey writting and my Wonderful Dog Nikki

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I do not know if Jeff will see this post but if not he will post two pictures of my Beagle / Springer Nikki here or on my trip to Continental Bottling house thread as I sent him some and asked him to for me. Whenever I wrote about Kinsey My Beautiful Friend Nikki 16 years old when he died on Monday sat with me. I was able to sit there and not feel lonely and just write about those old days. He would go wherever I went till he could not walk then I would carry him. He was there beside me for every thread I wrote from home. I am not sure if I will ever go back to Kinsey as it is all sealed buildings wise and I think they may be going to have the DEP come there and just throw everything away, which is what they do with history today. Two Mondays from now I will be giving a talk at the Limerick Historic Society about the History of Kinsey and I will continue to write here also but will be all alone which is all the more reason to write to help keep me busy. I got Nikki when he was 3 years old in 1995 My Mother and I got him at the Aspca he was pure Bred Beagle / Springer Mix black & White with little black dots on his paws. When my Mother Died in 2001 he was there by Gods grace to sit with me and be with me through all those days. He got very sick and I have been feeding him and carring him out for many weeks like I did with my Mom. No Dog could ever take his place and I just wanted everyone to know how much a part he was when I wrote the stuff I have sometimes I would ask him is this Ok and he would make little noises. Which ever thread Jeff Puts his pictures on this or the Bottle house one please take a look at My Friend Nikki. Many a night I would have a shot and a beer and Nikki a dog treat together.

I shall write again soon!

Dave Z

Dave, sorry to hear of your loss. Keep writing, I love reading your posts. Jeff has started a thread for Nikki and here is the link.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9069

Be well.

Tony

Tony Thank you so much I have looked and written about my Friend Nikki on the site please read it and thank you for your Kindness in letting me know and thanks to Jeff for doing it for Me and nikki and Be Well Tony

Dave Z

Dave, sorry to hear of your loss. Keep writing, I love reading your posts. Jeff has started a thread for Nikki and here is the link.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9069

Be well.

Tony

Thanks again Tony for letting me know I have put a poem I wrote for Nikki on the site now a friend at Work built me a small wood cross to ad to his grave with a wood Plate to put the Poem on and the Nurse at work Laminated it for me. I sent ithe writing to Jeff and he said it was good so I decided to put it on Nikki's site. Thanks to everyone who looks if you would have known Nikki you would have been touched by Him! If anyone who knows Tony sees this please Tell him thanks as he may not look here again!

Everyone BE WELL

Dave

Dave

Thanks again Tony for letting me know I have put a poem I wrote for Nikki on the site now a friend at Work built me a small wood cross to ad to his grave with a wood Plate to put the Poem on and the Nurse at work Laminated it for me. I sent ithe writing to Jeff and he said it was good so I decided to put it on Nikki's site. Thanks to everyone who looks if you would have known Nikki you would have been touched by Him! If anyone who knows Tony sees this please Tell him thanks as he may not look here again!

Everyone BE WELL

Dave

Dave

To anyone who has lost their Dog I have put a special old time author unknown wrting about a special place our Friends are it is a very moving writing and was given to me by our company Nurse in memory of Nikki I put it

in the thread that Jeff made on the last page it moved me very much.

Thanks

Dave Z

Hi Dave

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope things are doing better for you now. Our company (now defunct Union Carbide) had previously purchased methanol and ethanol from your plant. Of course the enthanol was denatured.

Keep posting.

My heart goes out to you...

Too often here, we argue / pontificate about the minutia of the color of the glass, the AS (or not) on the label, and the covering of the enclosure (wax?, foil?, cork?, screw top?), etc.

We forget that what really matters is the experience. The who / where / and / now of the drink.

Remember the good times, my friend... that's all we really have to go on.

A toast to you and Nikki.

Thank you John I do find myself Thinking back to all the neat things Nikki did and what a loving Dog he was and that sure does help as we tend to not relise till its too late about stuff that is very impotant and focus on the none important things!

Dave z

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.