Recommended Books on Bourbon

PhilsFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've just finished reading Chuck Cowdery's book Bourbon Straight...It's a great read and I will probably continue to re-read it...especially Chap 17 on How To Taste American Straight Whiskey as I have much to learn in describing what I'm tasting (even though I enjoy what I'm tasting very much). I've also been reading But Always Fine Bourbon...for the photographs alone this book is worth the price.

Just bought Henry Crowgey's book on Amazon. Are there any other books considered "must haves" for not only the history aspect but for the

enjoyment of bourbon as well?

-Joe

The VanWinkle and Cowdery books are must have's...

I have not purchased the Crowgey book, yet. Some others I have enjoyed are Bluegrass, Belles and Bourbon(currently reading)...Cecils book is an awesome referrence. Finally, though it's small there is lots of good info in The Spirit of Old Ky(Glenmores look at distilling and processes)

Thanks, Jeff Mo. I will check those out... Not only is Bourbon a great drink, but it also has a lot of great history behind it, and I love to read about that too.

-Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.