"It's on the tip of my tongue..."

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Memory associatons are tricky and fascinating. If I catch a whiff of pine tar from one of the struggling conifers in a regional park here in the smog-laden L.A. basin, I instantly think of being in the mountains, where that smell is at first enchanting, then commonplace, and finally, unnoticed.

Sometimes, while tasting bourbon, I will get a sudden, "Ah ha!" feeling; "I know that taste/aroma. It's... It's ... Dang, it's gone!"

I feel as though some association was one neuron away from popping up to the conscious level, but it didn't quite make it.

Is this a common experience? Anyone? confused.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Yes Dave that is a very commonplace occurance. It requires you to be more diligent in your studies, and resample over and over again. There will almost always be some aroma or taste sensation you just can't put your finger on. That's the main reason to compare notes.

Try tasting EWSB '90 formally, It is an exercise in EXACTLY that frustration. Other examples are the Banana mentioned in someone elses tasting on AAA 10 and the Orange Linn noted in Russell's Reserve. As soon as I read those, I was like "D'OH!, thats what that flavor is!!". I agree with Linn, and thats one of the many reasons that getting a whole bunch of people to post is a high priority to me because this forum makes it easier to taste, while upping the ante for those who want it. . . . . .It can be quite the resource! grin.gifgrin.gif

Tom ( cool.gif 400!! WOO-HOO!! cool.gif ) C

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.