HELP! I need a top/cork for a bottle of PVW 15...

chilidawg7
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Greetings everyone -

Today, I was fortunate enough to purchase my first bottle of Pappy 15 from the best-stocked store I've seen in Florida to date. Wish I had a place like this in my hometown...

Anyway, when I opened it up, I could tell the cork was a little 'iffy' and I took my time to gently open it without breaking any of the cork. Once I got it out, I noticed that it is cracked all the way down to the bottom and won't stand too many more openings.

If any of you out there have a top (including cork) for a bottle of Pappy 15 that you are done with or could spare, please PM me and let me know. I'd be happy to pay for the shipping costs or whatever I need to do to make sure I can enjoy this bottle without fear of snapping the cork off into the bottle!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

If any of you out there have a top (including cork) for a bottle of Pappy 15 that you are done with or could spare, please PM me and let me know. I'd be happy to pay for the shipping costs or whatever I need to do to make sure I can enjoy this bottle without fear of snapping the cork off into the bottle!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Are you serious?

If so, well, I just finished a Lot B and don't mind swapping the cap with my open bottle of PVW 15. PM me your address.

As a temporary protective measure I suggest you try placing a 4 inch square of plastic, kitchen wrap over the opening before you reinsert the cork.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

PM JamesW.. .He goes through PVW 15 like a gallon a milk.... I am sure he has a coupel extra... I will also check...

Can't help you cdawg, but where'd you finally find the decent store? Joe

I just finished one and still have the empty and cork you want it? it's yours! PM your address and I'll send it.

Tony

Help! Help! I've got a cork but I don't have a bottle of PVW 15!

Please, hurry!!

You guys are the best.

Cheers!

Help! Help! I've got a cork but I don't have a bottle of PVW 15!

Please, hurry!

Cheers!

very good, very good.

PM JamesW.. .He goes through PVW 15 like a gallon a milk.... I am sure he has a coupel extra... I will also check...

Hehe how true Emerald..icon12.gif. I'd be happy to send along a cap. Just PM me the details.

You guys are indeed the best, knew I could find some help here! Thanks to all who responded - I think I have got a replacement cap on the way through the generosity of one of the SB.comers.

Bluesbassdad - great idea about the plastic wrap. On my way to do that now.

fishnbowljoe - the place is called Broudy's Liquors. It is up in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Had all variations of Pappy (including 23 y.o.) and plenty of other good stuff. Way more inventory than anything I am used to.

If this happens again I bet BT would send you one if you called and asked.

I have a drawer-full of corked tops that I use for just such emergencies. I find that WT101 tops work well for most applications.

Funny, I just brought up an extra open bottle of Pappy 20 from the bunker and looked down at the cork and saw antlers--it's a GT Stagg cork, cuz the Pappy cork cracked. I think some liquor stores sell corks. Also, there's all kinds of stoppers for wine; they may work, too. I like the idea of inserting the cork with some plastic wrap, too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.