What happened to WT in Ontario?

Repro777
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi, it seems that WT has vanished from the LCBO shelves, but is still listed on their site. I asked one employee today what the story is, and he said they had a problem with their casks and had to rebuild them, so there would be no WT in Canada for 5 years! Does that sound right to anyone??

No, it doesn't. But I'm not a Canadian nor do I know anything about Canada's Liquor Control Board. It sounds like a weird nightmare. Five years...WTF

I think that employee was either making something up or passing along something someone else had made up. Wild Turkey sold a record number of cases last year, and there's Turkey all over the place down here.

• 1 month later...

I emailed WT, and this is their reply:

"The brand owner is having some production challenges and supply problems with aged products going into Canada at this time. Unfortunately at present we are unclear when consistent supply will be available."

D'oh!

Could they be a little more veg ?

Although technically grains, corn rye and barley are pretty vegetarian friendly.:cool:

This is great, tho. What a great place the LCBO is....so now, I have a choice of JD, JBB, KC, MM or WR. Thats it....

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone besides me is interested, WT80 is back in LCBO's.

One good thing about the shortage is I had some brought back from friends going south, and snagged a bottle of regular 101, and some 8yo 101 from the duty free.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.