Salsa time

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This year, the tomatos were late and the crop will be slower to ripen...so far I have made two batches of salsa. Last year I tried about 8-9 different recipes and kept notes on which ones I enjoyed. This year...I am playing food chemist...a bit this a bit of that...taste...add something else...taste etc. etc. Most of the ingredients are pretty common..it is the proportions and an occasional unexpected ingredient that can make it unique.

Hmm...a dash of bourbon maybe?

This year, the tomatos were late and the crop will be slower to ripen...so far I have made two batches of salsa. Last year I tried about 8-9 different recipes and kept notes on which ones I enjoyed. This year...I am playing food chemist...a bit this a bit of that...taste...add something else...taste etc. etc. Most of the ingredients are pretty common..it is the proportions and an occasional unexpected ingredient that can make it unique.

Hmm...a dash of bourbon maybe?

Perhaps OT, but isn't tequila a natural choice to try?

Of course, if you're going to be drinking it anyway, why bother, eh?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

OT? Old Taylor? I don't have that one...yes, tequila would be natural..but hey..this is in the realm of bourbon science...so a dash of something...the question is....bourbon or rye? If bourbon...maybe a wheater to add just a little flavor but mild.....throw in a dash of MM?

Or, a dash of rye to add complexity to the spiciness?

I will conduct a small sampling and report back.

Every time I get lazy, I end up spending more time than I could have saved.

I should have written as follows: "Perhaps the following suggestion is off topic, but..."

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.