The Barrel Rolling contest

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

One of the events that you really need to attend is the World Championship Barrel Rolling contest......I was on the barrel rolling team last year....I worked very hard----I would drive to HH every morning...practice for 2 hours 7-9 at Heaven Hill----go home run shirts until 3 drive back to Bardstown work from 4 til 2:00 go back home shedule the (jobs) that need to be filled----processs the logo's load them into the computer... heads----sleep for 4 hours.........and repeat the same scenario the next day.........I can't believe that I pulled it off but I did....

The worst part is that I did not get to participate in the contest....9-11 happened....and we did not attend any events......I operate and run the booth for Heaven Hill during the bourbon festival......I bankroll it to.....it's my money in there....When Kenny came to the practice track (located behind HH) and told us that they would not participate in any events....my knee's buckled....

I thought I had just lost my ass......as it turned out...Max met with me and told me to box up everything that I had to sell.....turn it into him.....with a bill....and he would write me a check......AND HE DID......

I am physically fit.....I was the turner to the setter on the track.....They taught me how to handle those 500 lb. barrels.....and ya know what.....the only thing that was sore was my upper arms....nothing else.......I had one major problem....I was strong enough to do the task but I was such a heavy smoker that I became so winded that they would literally stop everything to see if I was going to make it....they told me it was because I smoked....I was so embarrassed....Hey man, I ain't talkin out of breath....I was literally "GASPING" for air.....I did it ever set.....THEN...............about several weeks into the practice sessions I decided that..... I was very physically fit... but my lungs were not going to let me live very much longer.....Ta make a long story.....half ass kinda short....on August 28 it will be a year since I smoked a cigarette....Ohhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friends are very special to me......I like to take care of em........The Heaven Hill barrel rolling team memebers are very, very special to me....and I do take care of em......When they are announced at the track it makes me so proud.....and the best part......they are BAD to the bone.....and no other teams can beat how they look......I make sure of that....Everybody hates Heaven Hill....cause we win all the time.......One year we won every event....Ohhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh.....

Look at the attachment this is the back of one of my barrel rolling shirts....it is a golf shirt.....this logo is very big......his last name is on the back of the colar.....the front is embroidred on left and right chest and both arms are embroidered also......When the men come on to the track we all yell.... MEN IN BLACK....MEN IN BLACK....We are the loudest and the wildest cheerleading squad that ya ever did see.........Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh!

Bettye JO

post-20-14489811077492_thumb.jpg

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

I had one major problem....I was strong enough to do the task but I was such a heavy smoker that I became so winded that they would literally stop everything to see if I was going to make it....they told me it was because I smoked....I was so embarrassed....Hey man, I ain't talkin out of breath....I was literally "GASPING" for air.....I did it ever set.....THEN...............about several weeks into the practice sessions I decided that..... I was very physically fit... but my lungs were not going to let me live very much longer.....Ta make a long story.....half ass kinda short....on August 28 it will be a year since I smoked a cigarette....Ohhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hello Ms. Bourbonian....congratulations....I saw you on T.V. the other day, Friday morning at 10:30a.m. following your BIG BLOW OUT, YEAH PARTY.!!You and your family know how to party and how to cook...THANK YOU...HARD WORK AND NO PAY....

and today, Saturday, You'll did a GREAT, GREAT JOB, HURRAY!! cool.gif!HEAVEN HILL DID IT AGAIN....WORLDS BARRELL ROLLING CHAMPION... ALTHOUGH WE DID NOT RAN AWAY WITH ALL THE TOP PRICES THIS TIME, HEAVEN HILL TOOK MOST OF IT ALL...

THOSE BARRELLS ARE VERY VERY HEAVY AND FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU THAT DID NOT WORK AT THE WAREHOUSE OR HANDLE BARRELLS IT IS REALLY AMAZING, MIRACULOUSLY AMAZING THAT YOU DID NOT GET HURT... YOUR ENERGY LEVEL MUST BE OVER ABOVE AVERAGE...NOT TO MENTION GOING TO SCHOOL, AND THE OTHER WORK THAT YOU DO...HA..HA!!!

I BELIEVE THAT ALL OUR FRIENDS THAT WAS THERE AND WATCHED YOU MOVED AND TURN THOSE BARRELS WITH EASE WILL AGREE WITH ME,.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!! GREAT JOB! NEXT YEAR, YOU NEED TO SAVE ALL YOUR ENERGY AND THEN LET IT OUT LIKE A HURRICANE.. drink.gif

MAYOR... usflag.gifMY FRIEND (ha)

from beautiful downtown New Haven

Mayor,

So pleased to have you with us!

You are exactly right about Bettye Jo's energy levels... lol.gif The woman amazes me.

Check back, I shot video of her in action. I hope we can have a couple of short clips...

Welcome!

Bj

Congratulations on your win this year!

I couldn't help but notice:

I thought I had just lost my ass......as it turned out...Max met with me and told me to box up everything that I had to sell.....turn it into him.....with a bill....and he would write me a check......AND HE DID......

Man, that fellow is one amazing guy.

Brenda,

Thank you so much for the footage of the single event I most wanted to see but slept right through (and it was at 11am?). Next year I will be there to root Bettye Jo on in a cheerleader outfit complete with black and gold pom-poms (OK so a MALE cheerleader outfit to save everyone's sanity). crazy.gif

So he is, and considering all those classy duds he must have stashed away, I surely wish I had been on his Holiday gift list!

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Thank you so much for capturing the excitement of that event. I could feel my pulse rate rising in response to the encouraging calls from the spectators.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dane,

Next year I will be there to root Bettye Jo on in a cheerleader outfit complete with black and gold pom-poms (OK so a MALE cheerleader outfit to save everyone's sanity).

Bettye Jo just posted that she will most likely try out for the team next year. I'm sure this offer was what cinched it... smilielol.gif

Don't feel bad, I slept right thru the Gazebo party Saturday night. lol.gif

I love the Barrel Rolling Championship. It's a hoot.

Bj

Dave,

the encouraging calls from the spectators.

smilielol.gif yeah, I left the audio in soos ya'll could learn to speak southern... wink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.