Jd Bbq

ILLfarmboy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A friend from work had brought a bottle of Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce. He's a non drinker and by his own admission didn't know much about the product. While discussing it just prior to "bean time" I told him that to my knowledge there wasn't any actual whiskey in the sauce. But when we broke for lunch and he took his stuff out of his dinner bucket and began making his sandwich, I asked to see the bottle, low and behold it said Jack Daniel's black label on the list of ingredients.

Was I mistaken, or have they just recently started putting "real" whiskey their BBQ sauce?

I can't speak for the BBQ sauce, but I had some of the mustard once and it contained no whiskey.

At Beam on Friday, I noticed several cases of bottled product labeled "bulk, for barbecue sauce."

Here is an on line review of the stuff.

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/historic-lynchburg-tennesse-whiskey-barbeque-sauce-review/

Ingredients: Tomato concentrate made from red ripe tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, high fructose corn syrup, molasses, salt, spices, onion, garlic, green peppers, Worcestershire sauce (including anchovies and tamarinds), lemon juice, natural hickory smoke and other flavours, Jack Daniel’s Black label Whiskey and sodium benzoate.

What struck me about it was the label. It reads: Historic Lynchburg Tennessee Barbecue Sauce. It doesn't say Jack Daniel's. I've seen the mustard in the store and I'm pretty sure I've seen a BBQ sauce bottle as well. Both stated on the label Jack Daniel's, and I'm pretty sure I read the labels of both and neither contained any actual whiskey.

I tasted what my coworker brought with him and it had an almost steak sauce quality to it, sort of like a cross between steak sauce and BBQ sauce. Not bad, just different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.