Willett Bottles

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Party Source is going to do another series of barrel-strength Willetts this Fall.

Drew and Jay must be friends again.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know where KDB ages the barrels that eventually become Willett? Their website alludes that they have rick houses on site, but do they use them? In other words, when they purchase barrels from HH, do they let HH age them, or do they take the freshly filled barrel to a location of their choosing?

And if they do age on site, does anyone know anything about their rick houses? Brick? Iron Clad?

I've noticed that the proof of their unfiltered uncut bourbon bottles ranges pretty greatly, and I was wondering how they are aging their product.

I think KBD buys, bottles and sells as opportunity knocks. From memory, I think they have four rickhouses that would each hold a few thousand barrels. They do hold and age barrels, but I think it's more a function of buying batches when they come available on the right terms or to fill a need, and then they bottle as demand dictates. KBD probably had their Bernheim for 4 or 5 years to fill Classic Cask, BMH, Vintage, Redhook, Willett and probably a couple more, but that was based on the serendipity of a one time opportunity deal. I would think the HH comes and goes across the road freqently and the WT, BF, SW etc as quirky surpluses pop up.

Roger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.