Bourbon and Food

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No, I'm not talking about cooking with bourbon (but while we're at it, what is you favorite cooking bourbon?), I wan't to know what Bourbon/food combinations you like best? As a reformed wine drinker I understand a little about food and drink pairings, but I am just now beginning to drink bourbon WITH my meal instead of just before and after. Last night Leslie made a chicken stir-fry with a spicy thai peanut sauce. She had a chenin blanc, I had a Booker's grin.gif I was pleasantly suprised at how well the bourbon complemented the spicyness of the peanut sauce. This got me to wondering about other possible food combinations. What are some of your favorites?

It's hard to beat a good steak and a good pour. This is one time I'll go heavy on the ice but them cap it back off before it really tastes like water. smirk.gif

I'll second the bourbon and grilled steak. Great combination. And when I am on the expense account at a nice steak place, it's normally Booker's I go for.

With Christmas coming up, there's nothing better than bourbon on the rocks at holiday parties. It goes great with the ham finger sandwiches, the chocolate, the sugar cookies, hmmmmmm.

Wait a minute! Aren't you trying to drink less expensive bourbons? And you gamble an $50 bourbon with Thai food? Man, are you nuts? wink.gif

Did you already have the Bookers poured as a cocktail before dinner? If not, that is a daring combination.

I would have guessed that the Bookers would have overpowered that food. I've tried bourbon with spicy chicken wings. I am not crazy about it. Also, it just gets me too buzzed because I have to drink alot to cool the heat. smirk.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I like bourbon with a nice thick slice of Virginia sugar cured ham with mashed sweet potatos & pineapple rings, baby corrots & peas! Damn! Now I'm hungry and thirsty.

Actually you're right, it was a pre-dinner pour that poured on into dinner wink.gif It seemed to suit my taste just fine. I think the high alcohol concentration helps to calm the fire a little bit, while causing a different fire all its own smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.