Lucky Beer

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone have this yet? I picked one up at teh Sum Market in Tucson. Fun little beer with a great bottle.

Light, refreshing... not normally my style of beer, but I woudl buy it again.

www.luckydrinkco.com

Pretty bold statement by Lucky Beer about themselves.

"Lucky Beer spreads love, fulfillment, good times and good fortune wherever it travels. Lucky is the enlightened brew."

I still prefer American beers because in their advertisments you get the impression that if you drink them you will get laid by a young hot bikini-clad babe.:grin:

Pretty bold statement by Lucky Beer about themselves.

"Lucky Beer spreads love, fulfillment, good times and good fortune wherever it travels. Lucky is the enlightened brew."

I still prefer American beers because in their advertisments you get the impression that if you drink them you will get laid by a young hot bikini-clad babe.:grin:

:rolleyes:

That should be the Sun Market in Tucson ... damn fingers....

Which beer are you drinking that is American anymore? Sam Adams :D

They're marketing a beer named "Lucky" in the US? Gee, doesn't Pabst have any lawyers? For a company that doesn't have any brewers or production workers on it's payroll, you'd think they could then afford to hire a lawyer or two to protect their brand names. (They must *know* some lawyers, considering how often they've been sued or otherwise involved in the court cases over the years).

I thought it was odd when they didn't go after A-B's "Peels" branded malternative a few years ago, which was obviously a play off of the Pabst-owned "Piels" label. And now a Chinese brewery is selling a "Lucky" beer in the US when Pabst (aka Kalmanovitz Charitable Trust aka S&P, once owner of now-inactive General Brewing Company) clearly owns the (in)famous LUCKY LAGER brand?

"It's Lucky when you live in America"

(That was the slogan on the beer bottle/can opener I first came upon at a flea market outside LA back in the 1970's. Earlier Lucky openers that were later added to my collection were more regional in nature and claimed "It's Lucky when you live out West".)

I was thinking the same thing. I remember the old pull top Lucky cans... Not real good, but not bad.

This Lucky is Aussy maid by some Aussies and Chinese folks... No comparison in taste to the old Lucky Brand

• 4 weeks later...

I remember a Lucky-brand beer when I was in the Navy in Washington state. It was our "scrape-nickles-together" $3.99 a CASE beer. It was pretty icky stuff, but it was cheap.

"Asian-style" So it aparently has a ton of rice adjuncts and is sold in a green bottle.

No thanks, that's not really beer.

• 2 weeks later...

The American Lucky Brand beer in the little stubby bottles had puzzles on the inside of the twist caps, just like Olympia.

I loved those puzzles, which seemed to be easy at the beginning of the night and morphed into unsolvable cryptic logic puzzles around midnight...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.