Old Forester

Winslow
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of Old Forester over the Labor Day weekend. I thought I read somewhere amongst the posts that it was the same mashbill as Woodford Reserve. My bottle does, in fact, say Brown Forman Distillery on the label. The Straight Bourbon.com site, however, lists OF as an Early Times product. Anyone know what's up here? I'd like to think I'm drinking "almost Woodford Reserve" here smirk.gif .

Winslow

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

It's all right Winslow => Fear not. Brown-Forman owns the Early Times Distillery along with Labrot & Graham and the Jack Daniels Distillery. Old Forester is distilled at Brown-Forman's Early Times Distillery. I'm an Old Forester booster and I dearly love the stuff. The 100 proof expression is very close to the Woodford Reserve flavor profile, and the 86 proof version is pretty damn good too! My tastings on Old Forester and Woodford Reserve are a little old now, but I think they still hold up. Each of them contains some pretty good information. Be sure to search them out. cool.gif

Linn, you always come through with the straight dope cool.gif ! By the way, several replys to my "Everyday Pour" post (which I was afraid didn't sound the way I meant it to be) came back with good things to say about OF. I tried it before and thought it OK, but probably not a buy again. Well I figured I'd give it another go and have to say I like it a lot more this time around. I've actually kept my mitts of the Baker's! I finished most of the bottle here and there over the long weekend. I think I like it over my AAA 10 star. It's really kind of light but tasty. I'd say as good as the Maker's I tried. $13 a bottle is nice too. I'd like to try the 100 proof if I could find it.

Cheers,

Winslow

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.