What does Bottled in Bond mean?

wildcatdon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I believe Kelt (cognac) has a high end cognac that actually still takes an ocean voyage in barrels , and then is bottled.

There's a great book I picked up from LeNell's in Brooklyn over the weekend called, "Bourbon, Straight: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey." It's written by Charles K. Cowdery. It's about as thorough as any source I've ever come across and covers just about every subject about bourbon and it's history, including the meaning of BIB. I know that book is available on Amazon if anyone else is interested in it. Highly recommended as it's informative and easy to digest.

Never heard of that guy, before. :skep:

There's a great book I picked up from LeNell's in Brooklyn over the weekend called, "Bourbon, Straight: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey." It's written by Charles K. Cowdery. It's about as thorough as any source I've ever come across and covers just about every subject about bourbon and it's history, including the meaning of BIB. I know that book is available on Amazon if anyone else is interested in it. Highly recommended as it's informative and easy to digest.

On the off chance you're not putting us on, I suggest you go to the Search function, select Advanced Search, and then search for all posts by someone with username "Cowdery". :grin:

Then you may find something here that interests you -- a DVD about the bourbon business, for example. (I have it, albeit in an older format. Each time I view it I feel as though I'm taking a tour of bourbon country.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Originally Posted by B1bomber viewpost.gif

On the off chance you're not putting us on, I suggest you go to the Search function, select Advanced Search, and then search for all posts by someone with username "Cowdery". :grin:

Then you may find something here that interests you -- a DVD about the bourbon business, for example. (I have it, albeit in an older format. Each time I view it I feel as though I'm taking a tour of bourbon country.)

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

You think we could get Charels to Join... what do you think Chuck?

:deadhorse:

I am sure it was in jest fellas, or he thought that "Cowerdy" was someone else... it could happen...

... just for teh record, I am not really the Cookie Monster :skep:

Yeah? I'm really Mr Briscoe Darling. :grin:

(calm down, boys)

I hear this Cowdery guy is nothing but trouble and a damned liberal to boot.

But I'm very glad you like the book, B1. Thank you.

I hear this Cowdery guy is nothing but trouble and a damned liberal to boot.

Not only that but I hear that this Cowdery guy supports for President a candidate that has fathered African-American children.

That Cowdery guy must be dangerous! I think he should give a talk to those Michigan bourbon hounds.

That Cowdery guy must be dangerous! I think he should give a talk to those Michigan bourbon hounds.
I here that Cowdery was born in Ohio. That alone qualifies him for outlaw status!

Thomas

HEAR, HEAR!!!

This Cowdery guy must be dealt with!!!

Chuck Cowdery invented the bolt-action rifle, bourbon, sexual intercourse, and football-- in that order.

Chuck Cowdery invented the bolt-action rifle, bourbon, sexual intercourse, and football-- in that order.

That's was Chuck Norris...

That's was Chuck Norris...

tsk tsk

You only think that because Norris has a better press agent.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.