Corby's

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My immigrant Italian grandfather had two favorites...wine was muscatel and whiskey (probably because it was cheap) was Corby's...is it a Rye? Canadian? U.S.? I recall it being very strong, yellow in color...what somebody would recall as "whiskey" tasting/smelling from childhood memory. Dare I buy some out of respect for Grandpa? (If I can find it) Or, run from it as fast as possible? He lived to 85 (the Chesterfield's did him in).

Although I can't place the name, it sounds Irish. The description of the color as yellow means scotch is also a possibility.

Thanks Tim. The product description doesn't even sound half bad! Might be worth a gamble...could always make screwdrivers out of it. I recall the label of the "regular" had an eagle on it.

Per Ratcheer's link I believe it to be similar...probably the "original" version...I really recall the aroma..which is noted in the description. I am not familiar with Rye, but I always thought it had a powerful nose...sharper than bourbon.

Unless you like a "little" bourbon with your grain neutral spirits....then buy this rot gut tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif .........The label says a Blend......it does not say blended whiskies......What you are getting in this product is 80 percent grain neutral spirits and 20 percent bourbon....."If" there is any bourbon in it at all.....they usually put this info on the back label.....if it just says whiskey then they could use corn whiskey instead of bourbon.......

I was a label machine operator for seven years at Heaven Hill.....It was my job to make sure the consumer knew what was in the product........

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.