What bourbons are only made for local distribution?

SippinJim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What bourbons are only distilled and sold in their respective states and maybe a couple of bordering ones? Small distilleries without the capacity to produce a lot.

I have a friend who lives in Indiana and says it is no problem to hop over to Kentucky so he told me to tell him what I want. I'm looking to expand my collection. :)

Well you know with the above info provided I'd say any bourbon that states BIB is a good one, I have done a lot of these bottles and at a certain level you can't go wrong.

What bourbons are only distilled and sold in their respective states and maybe a couple of bordering ones? Small distilleries without the capacity to produce a lot.

I have a friend who lives in Indiana and says it is no problem to hop over to Kentucky so he told me to tell him what I want. I'm looking to expand my collection. :)

I guess it should be pointed out, that basically, there are no small distilleries, other than the new micro distillers such as Tuthilltown in NY or Woodstone Creek in OH. All the rest produce on a scale that can support national or international sales.

Having said that, there are a number of bottlings made that are only available in limited markets.

Four Roses is still currently only available in select US markets (it's pretty widespread in Europe and Japan), though that is expanding.

Very Old Barton shows in KY, NY, TN and IL at least.

Ancient Ancient Age 10yo shows in a similar range as VOB best I can tell.

J.T.S.Brown BIB seems to be fairly limited, I think Chuck said he can't get that one in IL, so it may be a KY-only or close to it bottling.

I guess it should be pointed out, that basically, there are no small distilleries, other than the new micro distillers such as Tuthilltown in NY or Woodstone Creek in OH. All the rest produce on a scale that can support national or international sales.

That's a good point, though as you note, there are Bourbons that have limited distribution.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.