A great small brewery Tour in Philadelphia

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Saturday before going to a Flyers game my Friend from Ny & I took a tour of the Philadelphia brewing Company makers of Kenziner, Row House Red, New Bold IPA and Walt Whit my favorite. Our Guide was a man named David April and he gave our fairly large group an amazing and insightful tour. The Brewery was founded in the Old Historic Weisbrod and hess Oriental Brewery on Amber Street. It was built in 1885 and is a very neat brewery! They are running 6 days a week to keep up with orders. When you go for the tour you start at what they call the club house and drink all the beer you want! Then take the tour and stop back for another beer or two when you are done or if in the area just stop in and have a beer as the bartender told us they had a tray for donantions but they were not worried about it! Our tour was very detailed and took about 45 minutes. After our tour I picked up 2 cases of walt whit at a discount flat price including tax! If you get to the area give them a call their web site is

www.philadelphiabrewing.com

They have some outstanding Beers and you can buy any of the 4 for $25.00 a case total. and you can mix your beers in the case if you want at the brewery!

Here is the post card they give you when you take the tour. They are hoping to expend very soon and then maybe have more beers!

Dave Z

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

------------------------------------------

post-1964-14489814758348_thumb.jpg

Saturday before going to a Flyers game my Friend from Ny & I took a tour of the Philadelphia brewing Company makers of Kenziner, Row House Red, New Bold IPA and Walt Whit my favorite. Our Guide was a man named David April and he gave our fairly large group an amazing and insightful tour. The Brewery was founded in the Old Historic Weisbrod and hess Oriental Brewery on Amber Street. It was built in 1885 and is a very neat brewery! They are running 6 days a week to keep up with orders. When you go for the tour you start at what they call the club house and drink all the beer you want! Then take the tour and stop back for another beer or two when you are done or if in the area just stop in and have a beer as the bartender told us they had a tray for donantions but they were not worried about it! Our tour was very detailed and took about 45 minutes. After our tour I picked up 2 cases of walt whit at a discount flat price including tax! If you get to the area give them a call their web site is

www.philadelphiabrewing.com

They have some outstanding Beers and you can buy any of the 4 for $25.00 a case total. and you can mix your beers in the case if you want at the brewery!

Here is the post card they give you when you take the tour. They are hoping to expend very soon and then maybe have more beers!

Dave Z

------------------------------------------

Also forgot to say they sell really nice Beer Glass's for two for $5.00 and they give the tours on Saturdays only from 12:00 noon till 4:00 Pm every week. One of the very nicest Brewery tours I have ever had! Also as I said you can just sit and relax and just drink Beer there anytime you want to stop in during tour time! Everything they make is on draft and sometimes they have something seasonal to drink too!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------

If you ever get to Phila make sure to make a stop at this brewery on a Sat I still can not believe the Great tour, very detailed and David April was a real cool tour guide! I will be doing what I have done every Phils game in the World series tonight and drink a coupe of Walt Whit's!

Also Gary if you read this I think you would most likey Like every single Beer they Make they are hopy and fresh. The Case I bought Sat was bottled on Oct 14 and I bought it on Oct 23! Good fresh Beer.

Dave Z

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.