Edgefield Hogshead Oregon Whiskey

Cornman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some of this '100% Barley pot-still distilled' whiskey showed up at the local Seattle store. Not much has been said about this here. This has apparently been out elsewhere for a while. Is there any chance that this is actually aged a bit longer than the bottles sold 3 years ago?

It seems unlikely to warrant the $40 pricetag, but I am curious anyway. Comments?

Many thanks!

I've had a bottle once. It's o.k. I liked it, but it wasn't something I went to regularly.

$40 is high, but not really for a micro-distilled product. As for your question, I can't say.

Do you like Scotch whisky? If so, you may find it enjoyable. Although it is not much like Scotch in that I think it may be aged in charred barrels (not sure on this). It is young, but amber in color. The charred barrel does give it a bourbon quality, but not much.

I'd say see if you can try it first at some specialty bar.

Some of this '100% Barley pot-still distilled' whiskey showed up at the local Seattle store. Not much has been said about this here. This has apparently been out elsewhere for a while. Is there any chance that this is actually aged a bit longer than the bottles sold 3 years ago?

It seems unlikely to warrant the $40 pricetag, but I am curious anyway. Comments?

Many thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.