A Bourbon Toast - Glad it is over

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I personally am very glad this election is over so I will be having a toast not to any victor but to the future in general and what I hope is a great new year, and then some, under new leadership both locally and nationally. It is a historic day for our country to be sure, regardless of who you voted for I hope we can all agree on that and be hopeful for the future.

I hope now the PR&C threads will calm a little and we can all focus more, at least for a while, on what brings us together; bourbon.

I will be opening a new bottle tonight, heavily leaning toward the Van Winkle Family Reserve 15 year.

So, will you join me in a toast?

To new leadership, may it be better than the last for all our well being.

Cheers, everybody. It's been a hell of a ride these last eight years, not expecting it to get any smoother for awhile.

In the meantime, it is our duty (because I said so, I guess :grin:)to be good company to one another. I raise a glass to you all.

Cheers!

Drinking a glass of Lot Bfor Barack.Cheers!!

Hey, I like that thinking :cool: As a non-US citizen, I'll raise a glass of Lot B to your new President tonight as well.:grin:

I'll toast my Appleton's 12-year to that. I am close to politically neutral (i.e. cynical), but am hopeful that this will have some positive bearing on the future of our country. I study financial markets as a hobby/business, and am very worried/sad about the way the credit crisis is being handled. I hope this brings some better ideas to the table, for EVERYONE'S sake.

I'll toast my Appleton's 12-year to that. I am close to politically neutral (i.e. cynical), but am hopeful that this will have some positive bearing on the future of our country. I study financial markets as a hobby/business, and am very worried/sad about the way the credit crisis is being handled. I hope this brings some better ideas to the table, for EVERYONE'S sake.

I hope so, too. However, there comes a time in every disaster where the consequences of earlier mistakes are unavoidable. If a driver takes a corner too fast and goes over a cliff, only divine intervention can prevent a horrible impact. To carry the analogy one step further, the worst thing a driver can do when a skid starts is to over-correct. Only experience allows a driver to take appropriate action. Our leaders have no experience dealing with a crisis such as this one.

BTW Appleton's is the drink of choice at gatherings of Colin Powell's family. (He says so in his book.) That knowledge prompted me to try it. I still keep it on hand.

Somehow President-elect Obama strikes me as a one-glass-of-wine-at-dinner kind of guy.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

I'm gonna crack an '07 Stagg this weekend as soon as this hellish workweek is over. I've had enough election coverage for at least four years and we don't even get any TV whatsoever at our house.

Free! Free at last! A toast of Pyrat rum to those who lost and those who won and to the news teams and to my mother, my father, my wife.....Damn drunk again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.