Labrot& Graham/ Buffalo Trace Tours

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A Big Thank You to L&G and Buffalo Trace for the tours today. L&G has a beautiful place and did a splendid job of showing the StraightBourbon group around. Also they provided a nice lunch and tasting of Brown-Forman products. It was wonderful. We were then picked up by Ken Weber and taken to Buffalo Trace, Same thing here but without lunch. Thanks to J VanWinkle for sharing some of his personal Bourbon with us. It was Great all around , Ken took us on a tour of the distillery , If you've never looked down into a 92,000 gallon fermenter.......... Mike Veach brought some Bourbon Gems of the Past. BT opened the gift shop and gave us a steep discount. Thanks to all, we had a wonderful time.

Sounds like a great time. Wish we could have been there. So did you get to taste the new stuff at L&G? Any word on the four grain bourbon?

They told us they have the four grain they are working on I didn't hear anything about when that might hit the market. We did indeed taste some "special" whiskey at L&G. I won't go into it any further than that for right now. Also BT has some experimental whiskies with oats , and rice for small grains . They will be ready to sample in a few years. I will say this , as soon as the new George T Stagg hits the shelves , a bottle will be finding it's way to my place. Many thanks to Omar !!! grin.gif

Sounds like y'all are having a great time. I hate to have missed out this year.

Oh well......looking forward to hearing about all the events and tours and samplings. grin.gif

-Troy

Amen to that BOBBY, they really rolled out the red carpetfor us, I have got noted for a couple of things at the L&G tour and for George T. Stagg & That Van Winkle stuff julian brought and I will start posting as soon as I can get my head on straight. We will be back next year for sure, if we dont wander back down sooner!!

TomC

It sounds like I missed the best parts of the weekend. I promise I won't let that happen again. First I'd like to invite any Straightbourbon.com folks to tailgate with Patty and I during Keeneland. If you're in the Lexington for the best thoroughbred racing experience in the world, drop me a PM and I'll make sure your visit is memorable. We usually attend Fri, Sat and Sun during the meet.

Ed and Patty

Ed,

Leslie and I usually attend during the 2nd weekend. That lets the crowds die down a bit tongue.gif We would love to hook up with you guys. Just let us know where you'll be. I usually find myself in the mezzanine bar grin.gif

Why Mr. Ed Sir, you are too kind. grin.gif I have about a half bottle of Woodford Reserve I'll tuck away just in case.

When does Keenland's fall meet start?

Bj

Keenland is certainly a great thoroughbred experience. I have trouble deciding between Keenland and Churchill Downs -- but why should I? They're each different and both great tracks.

Keeneland starts October 4th (Fri) and runs through the 26th, dialy excluding Monday and Tuesday. I'll let you know what dates we'll be there and how to find us.

Very cool. I'd like to poke around while I'm there and find your Liquor Barn. Supposedly the gentleman that runs it is really 'into' Bourbon (whateva the hell that means). Do you shop there?

Beej

I live about a mile from the Liquor Barn in Beaumont Center. There's another one on Richmond Road. They have a pretty comprehensive selections and its my regular first stop for bourbon items. Its only about 3 miles from Keeneland

Ed

I didn't realize the quantity was so limited frown.gif I didn't look behind the glass case though. Liquor Barn tends to hold out about 10% of any limited bottling and jack the price a couple hundred percent after the rest sells out mad.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.