Dickel Special Barrel Reserve

djcheez
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know they dont make this any more and i am looking for several bottles. If anyone has some un opened or can find some i will pay a premium for them. thanks

Type in 'George Dickel Barrel Select' on the Google search engine.

It is still being produced and the search results will show you lots of places that sell it.

Barrel Select 2006 is available at Julio's in Westboro MA and Luke's Liquor's in West Yarmouth MA (Massachusetts) for approx $45 per 750ml. Julio's is about $5 bottle less expensive. Go for it... although, I've recently picked up a dusty bottle of #12 for short money that I liked better than the Select. Luck of the draw.... BB

Barrel Select 2006 is available at Julio's in Westboro MA and Luke's Liquor's in West Yarmouth MA (Massachusetts) for approx $45 per 750ml. Julio's is about $5 bottle less expensive. Go for it... although, I've recently picked up a dusty bottle of #12 for short money that I liked better than the Select. Luck of the draw.... BB

Dickel #12 is one of my favs and at less than 1/3 the price of the barrel select, I am hard pressed to spend the money on this one. Plus, as much as I like the 12, I think it would be hard to improve upon that (in my mind, anyway).

I just noticed the thread title says 'Reseve' not 'Select'.

Reserve is no longer made.

Check the thumbnails below, Select on the left, Reserve on the right.

post-1534-14489815088817_thumb.jpg

post-1534-14489815088918_thumb.gif

correct, not looking for Barrel select, looking for Special barrel reserve. The bottle on the right. There are many places on the net that show they have inventory but after several orders and them sending the wrong stuff, i started asking them to send a picture of it before shipping. Figured this might be a good place to find someone who has a stash. I understand there is better whiskey for what im willing to pay for it but i just want it.

dickel-special-200.jpg

I know they dont make this any more and i am looking for several bottles. If anyone has some un opened or can find some i will pay a premium for them. thanks

So...your looking for several bottles of a discontinued whisky...isn't that a bit greedy? For what purpose are you trying to acquire this bottling? Do you think that wondering into a room and flashing cash is the best way to get what you are looking for? It should be pointed out that selling whiskey without a license is illegal

thanks for pointing out the legalities of the issue. Yes i would like several bottles of discontinued whisky as a special gift for my Father. He is down to his last bottle and hasnt been able to find in years any and isnt savvy enough to search around on the internet. I would like to find maybe a couple bottles and personally i wont even drink it. Who said anything about flashing cash? I doubt anyone would let something go for free so to ask for it with nothing in return would seem a bit of a stretch. I actually think going to a whiskey/ bourbon forum is the BEST chance of finding it. If you have any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate it . thank you

Who said anything about flashing cash?

I believe that would fit with your "willing to pay a premium" statement

I doubt anyone would let something go for free so to ask for it with nothing in return would seem a bit of a stretch. I actually think going to a whiskey/ bourbon forum is the BEST chance of finding it. If you have any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate it .

I would suggest friendship. Many, if not most, people give all kinds of stuff to their friends for nothing. I have given away several bottles of whiskey to friends of mine and have asked nothing in return. Several of these were bottles I wouldn't sell at any price.

ok thanks. I dont have much to add or discuss here however, i dont drink much whiskey like my father or most of you. Therefore i thought my approach would have been quicker and easier. Anyone want to talk about atv's or mortgages, i know alot about those? Anyone want to be friends?:grin:

djcheez,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on maintaining a gentlemanly demeanor in your initial postings! I know nothing about mortgages or atvs, but your friendship and interest in bourbon are welcome.

I could be accessing damaged brain cells, but I believe the GD Reserve is found in several posts here and some acquisitions were made recently. Isn't this one part of the Bourbon Heritage Collection?

Just use the search engine and review the posts on it. Several people mentioned where they got the GD and posted pictures.

If all else fails, slip him a bottle of George T Stagg and tell him you are still looking. If Stagg isn't available look for an Old Weller Antique 107 or a Pappy Van Winkle. I've never heard anyone say they didn't like those brands and it will be a nice diversion while you continue your quest.

Good luck! and if you find more than you can buy let me know, I'm hoping to run across a bottle too.

• 2 weeks later...
still looking if anyone has a line on where some is? thanks
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Try Cascade Hollow in Tullahoma TN.

Thats where I got mine at the Dickel Distillery gift shop.

• 6 months later...
still interested if anyone has any or knows a specific liquor store that has one. thanks

Is that the original round bottle, or the wider, flask-shaped one? If the latter, it's still just down the street here, and here and there around. Not trying to tease, just sayin'...

That looks like one from the BHC collection. Not exactly growing on trees anymore.

Joe :usflag:

Dj,

I'm not so sure how much you know about American Whiskey and especially rare American Whiskey, but you are asking for something that isn't your run of the mill whiskey. This bottling was part of a limited edition 5 bottle set called the Bourbon Heritage Collection (we call it the BHC) that was sold by UDV in the 1990's, and in the 1990's only.

While maybe not as collectible as some of the rarer offerings from Buffalo Trace, (aka early BTAC bottles) this set is getting rarer and more valuable by the day. For the few members that have bottles, it is unlikely that they will wish to part with them, as it is now very difficult for newcomers to the bourbon world to put this set together. I wish you luck in your search, but the harsh reality is that you aren't going to easily find any bottles. I would say your only shot is to look on eBay (which is looked down upon by certain members here) or to start looking in more run down liquor stores in your area.

Barring that, there are many new and wonderful American whiskeys on the market right now. It might be worthwhile to give a couple a shot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.