Has Anybody Tried This

MurphyDawg
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have never heard of this before, but my Dad said he found some in FLA and wondered what it was like, does anyone know??

TomC

post-89-14489811085485_thumb.jpg

Tom,

That's a beautiful bottle, usually an export item from I. W. Harper, 86 proof. If your dad finds more bottles I'd be interested in one. Did he get it at a duty free shop?

Omar

odds are. he mentioned something about the airport in Tampa (??) he was talking on a cell phone and I couldnt make everything out frown.giffrown.gif (I know my grandma just came back from abroad some time this week, maybe she brought it for him, I couldnt make out much of the conversation, he just called to ask me if I knew anything about it) . I will put in a word for you next time I call him, see what he came across. He is more of a Canadian Whisky fan so maybe I will be able to pry the bottle he has away from him wink.gif .

TomC

Elsewhere in the forum I was guided ( expertly I might add ) by Chuck and Linn , That the whiskey in the bottle is the same as Old Charter classic 90 @ 12YO . It is an export for Japan , so you have to wiegh a few factors. if it's the whiskey you want and will consume , do yourself a favor and get the Old Charter. If the botlle and IW Harper name appeal to you then you need this bottle. Harper is hard to find now because somone was buying it up and sending it to japan . There was money to be made in this Gray Market. So the fine folks who own the brand stopped US distribution.

Well Hell,

If its the same stuff as the "Classic 90" the i will just find a way to get a bottle of that (which should be marginally easier) and let Dad keep the spiffy bottle cool.gifcool.gif .

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.