An experiment I like Rum & Peanut Liqour- Captain Peanut

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well just for the heck of it all I bought a small 375 ml bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum today and did an experiment which I call Captain Peanut?

I had not drank Rum since 1972 when I got sick on it but wanted to just try this so I put 1 1/4 shots of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum with one shot of Continental Peanut Lolita on Ice and it is delightful! I have named this new drink Captain peanut! It is smooth and kind of potant as had two and feel Kind of Good!

I am always trying stuff with my Peanut Liqour and Rum just seemed to fit the bill. It is not sweet it is smooth and very flavorful and goes down good but I would not drink more then two of these in a short time.

I hope someday someone makes a Peanut Liqour again so others can try this!

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

---------------------------------------------------

"I think tomorrow I may try some Straight Brandy with the peanut liqour and see what that is like but this will be one I will drink again.

I do not like soda's and so I try these kind of mixes and so far I have had some real good ones."

Every time you mention peanut liquor I want to go out and try it. After you last post I can't help but think about how good that would be with Rittenhouse BIB and some Courvoisier cognac.

Tonight it is 1 shot of Peanut Lolita and 1 1/2 shots of Old Overholt Rye Whiskey on Ice and boy what a great drink it is. I think we should all start telling Jacquins, HH or someone that makes Liqours that we want a brand new Peanut Liqour like this Vintage stuff I have made with Bourbon. I can not under stand why someone does not do it. This Peanut Lolita makes frangelica a nothing drink, it is that much more flavorfull! Our Amaretto Lolita was Famous but Our Peanut Lolita was always better!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Jeff It is like Liqiud Rye Bread and Peanut Butter with a Kick! I have now tried 4 different things with the Peanut Liqour Scotch, the Drink dubbed Endinburg Express by Continental on the back of the Bottle and my two experiments Rye Whiskey and Rum and I also one time had it with Bourbon. The Rye and Peanut were my Favorite although the Express is an awesome drink and I have one once a week most weeks.

When the day comes I have no more Peanut it will be a sad day but while I have a nice supply I will enjoy it. I wish we all could petition someone to make it again, as Continental Distilling was the only company to make it and it sold like nuts back then.

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

Did not know of that one bet you can't get it in Pa! I will have to look that one up on the web! I just looked it up on the Web that is made with Rum and I think cream, The One we Made is a Liquor made with Bourbon and no cream in it but that may be something nice to drink Do not see it anywhere around here but a different Product completely from Ours. I just got done looking it up on the Pa PLCB sight and There are two types one rum another a cream Liqour but to get it here in Pa you Have to buy a minimum of 6 at $31.00 per bottle plus tax so Forget that but it is something others can try if their Liqour store will get it for them.

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------

Philadelphia The Heritage Whiskey

--------------------------------------------

You've intrigued me . . . I found a bottle of the Castries on winechateau.com . . . they kill you with shipping ($15), but oh well . . .

It's shipping FedEx, so maybe I'll have it in time for the Superbowl so I can mix up some fun cocktails for my wife's friends . . .

HI the first one I recomend is mixing some good Scotch which Continental called an Edinburg Express it is awesome with my stuff so should be cool with yours. Another one that is real good is Mixed with Rye Whiskey! And also great with a good Bourbon!

On the directions for the Edinburg Express It says 1 1/4 Shots of Scotch and 1 shot of Peanut I most times make the Whiskey 1 1/2 shots on Ice stirred.

Let me know how you Product works with the Whiskeys mine is really awesome but is a thick brown Peanut & Bourbon creation!

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Lately I have been doing lots of Experiments with Peanut Lolita as a mixer on Ice!

Last Night it was what I call a P&B Peanut Lolita Liqour 1 Shot with 1 1/2 Shots of A Good Bourbon and I find it to be a delightful refreshing and Potent Drink! The Peanut seems to Balance out well with what ever I try.

With The P&R Peanut and Rye Whiskey I get a very Nice Rye Bread and Fresh Peanut Taste and it too is a very Balanced drink.

And The Edniburg Express created by Continental at their Bartending School which is 1 1/4 shots of Good Scotch and 1 shot of Peanut Lolita is a favortie or Mine.

One of these days I am going to do a P,B& jelly which will be 1 1/2 shots of Bourbon 1 shot of Peanut Liqour and a 1/2 shot Of Jacqins Stawberry Liqour!

I wish someone out there would make a Peanut Liqour of this type again so everyone could try it.

Dave Z

==========================================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey For Unhurried Moments

---------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, every time I revisit this thread I get more intrigued. Peanut liquor! What a perfect idea. And, as we all know, you can't just have one peanut. You must eat them all. Uh-oh. I'm crazy for good peanuts and I know that if I got ahold of some good peanut liquor it'd be PB&J for me (Peanuts, Bourbon and Jail ;) )

I hope someone will start making peanut liquor again, I would really love to try some. Hell, I'm gettin' in the car right now, what's your address???

Cheers!

Cheers to you too Luna tonight it is Peanut Lolita Liquor and Very Old Barton 100 proof Bourbon and it is delightful! I wish someone would make it as it is just wonderful mixed or straight. Last weekend I eat roasted Peanuts with Peanut Liquor mixed with Eagle Rare Bourbon and that mix is out of this world. I would be willing to Bet that if someone made it would fly off the shelves, but no one is inovative any more.

Five months ago I called Jacquins and asked them why they did not give it a try, I told them that I had worked for Publicker as a young man and reminded them of all the good stuff we made for them when they could not keep up and the Guy said we never use any outside Ideas even if they are great! So you just can't win.

I wonder if we all started calling one of the companies that make Liqours if we could talk them into it. " The World needs A Good Peanut Liqour again! Ours sold off the shelf fast.

We seem to live in a world anymore where people are afraid to try making something New. We were the Only company to ever make Peanut Liqour and we put Bourbon in it and it sold big and here it is 35 yrs later and it is still as good as the day we made it! Now a days they put Vodka in some Liquors, well there is nothing like Great bourbon and Peanuts in a Liquor.

Dave Z

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Richest Of All Whiskeys

Enough! You're makin' me crazy with this!! :lol:

I can't seem to find any info on peanut liqueur online except for drink recipes that call for it. Surely somebody must make it or something like it...

Glad you're enjpying it, Dave, it really does sound fantastic. Hope I'll get to try some one day.

Cheers!

Tonight It was a shot and one half of WT American Honey and a shot of Peanut Lolita and it was awesome! I just love trying it with different whiskeys and it always makes a great mixed drink! Wish you had some right now too Luna we should I guess start calling Liqour Makers and ask them to please make it again.

I find it is really good with Rye Whiskey and do that mix very offten! I wish just as I have said many times that someone would make it again as one of these days mine will be gone too and there will be no more!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Richest Of All Whiskeys

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a large supply of it when I found it available at the end but I was not able to get any Old Hickory sadly. Looking Back I should have gone on the Road looking But I never thought about that in the Old Days.

In Hindsight I wish I would have gotten lots of Our Stuff but I am glad I got the Peanut as I do not think anyone will ever make it again and I knew we were the only ones to make it.

I also Have 1 and 3/4 Bottles of Our Caffe Lolita but no Amaretto Lolita.

It is to me the best Liqour I can enjoy and I hate to think of the Day when it is all gone.

I wish I could get a movement to ask a Liqour Maker to give making it try but how do you do that I called Jacquins one time and said that I knew many People who wanted a Peanut Liqour and that Continental Made it when I worked for them and I was told they do not use any Ideas but their own inside ones.

I did read that two guys from DC Found 3 bottles of Peanut Lolita as Dusties in NJ last Year. They said we have the only ones that exsist well they are wrong in that so there could be some Dusties out there somewhere, they also made the coment that they thought it was weird well if they had the sense to open one up they would have found something Delightful to drink or Mix with Scotch, Bourbon and Irish Whiskey.

About a year ago a lady e mailed me a PM and told me her story of Peanut Lolita. It seems Her dad bought a bottle at a auction 20 yrs before and when he died It sat in the Basement and she was afriad to drink it. Well she read my Notes on it brought it up cracked it open and loved it so much that she got her Family together to drink a toast with it to Her Dad!

So If anyone knows a way to get someone to make this wonderfull Rich Liqour Let me know.

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

---------------------------------------------------------

I can not understand why Luxco could not give me a call about Old Hickory at Least I think myself they seem to be getting like the Government We will give you what we want and that is it! Last Night I had my Peanut Lolita on ice by itself and as aways it is wonderful stuff!

Wish there was a way we could petition these people to try something New like Peanut Liquor or Bringing Back Old Hickory but not just hopeful!

Dave Z

--------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All the Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's most magnificent Bourbon

Last Night I had a shot and 1/2 of 80 Proof Old Hickory with a shot of Peanut and it was just wonderful! I gave a friend at work a little Medical bottle with a couple of shots and he said He loved it. I just can not understand why someone does not make this combo of Bourbon with Peanut in a Liqour. He was very amazed at the great Flavor it had on the rocks by itself or with what he drinks which is Rum!

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------

Old Hickory America's Finest Bourbon

-------------------------------------------------------

Last Night I had 2 shots of Peanut Liqour over ice by itself and It is so good that way also. I have been thinking this summer something good might be to pour a little Peanut Lolita over Ice Cream I think as Rich and Thick it is would make a great ice cream sunday!

I just keep being amazed how good this mixes with Whiskeys and I am sure it would make some milder drinks better Too! I just wish some Distiller reading this site would consider making it again. It would prove to be a big seller It was the Last New Liqour Continental added to their Products and in its time was very Popular.

Dave Z

------------------------------------------------------------

Old Hickory America's Finest Bourbon

-------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

Castries Peanut Rum Creme is available in PA (sorry, our website needs to be updated). It is actually one of the brands best markets. I am one of the brand owners if you have any questions. Its good stuff. Very mixable. You shouldn't take my word for it...try it for yourself (suggestion, not sales pitch).

Where in PA are you?

David

Hey that sounds like something I would like to try to compare to my Old Peanut Liqour with Bourbon. I live in the Royersford area and I did not see it on the web site but let me know where it is available near that area and I will take your word and give it a try!!-----Thanks Very Much---- David, I

Just went to the PLCB site and can't find it so need your Help for sure Thanks----

Let me Know if it is Limerick or Boyertown or Royersford as they are the Closest ones or even Schenksville Pa

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The nicest People Drink Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

I have what may be good news on the Peanut Liquor Front! I sent a sample of my Peanut Lolitla to a small Distiller I know and He Loved it said it is wonderful and he is going to try recreating it in small batches, he is going to in the near future try making some and let me know how he makes out.

He said it was just as I said Bourbon jumping out at you then roasted Peanuts. So for all who have wanted to try it with Different Mixes and straight lets just hope he can get the right flavor profile. When he gets some made he is going to send me some samples to taste.

His only worry he said is if they used a special peanut Consentrate then might be a bit harder if I haveI will send him a little more for tests.

I am just glad to find someone willing to try and bring back this Awesome Drink. He also told me he found a story about a Jazz great and seems it said Peanut Lolita was his Liquor of choice! I have to try and find that story myself!

When I talk to him I will get the name getting old these things fly out of your Head

Dave Z

-------------------------------------------------------------

It Seems All the Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

Hi Dave,

Search the PALCB site for CASTRIES PEANUT RUM CREME 32 PROOF. There is one bottle in Limerick and it appears to be all over PA. Try it and let us know how it compares to Peanut Lolita and rum. It is about $28 for 750 ml.

Doug

Fricky They Have it at Limerick state store where I live but it is very high priced, $29.00 a bottle and the trouble is I do not like Rum and it is made with Rum! I'll stick to Peanut with Bourbon! Hoping my friend at the Ny Distillery can remake it and right now my supply is good wish I had a good supply of Old Hickory.

Dave z

-----------------------------------------------------------Old Hickory America's Finest Bourbon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.