Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

kickert
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not KY, but grabbed three bottles in Atlanta today for $18 each. Very happy. This is my standby cocktail rye. It is moving quickly.

• 2 months later...
Not KY, but grabbed three bottles in Atlanta today for $18 each. Very happy. This is my standby cocktail rye. It is moving quickly.

This is a great thread.

I've got 8 bottles in the wings, but I won't call them in the 'bunker' because they are the workhorse in my house. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a case b/c I'm afraid of the impending change.

This is a great thread.

I've got 8 bottles in the wings, but I won't call them in the 'bunker' because they are the workhorse in my house. I'm thinking I'm going to pick up a case b/c I'm afraid of the impending change.

Yeah, but if the "change" makes it actually taste like a rye whiskey, and not just the bourbon-like thing it's been, you'll come out ahead by waiting. :D

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new iteration, in hopes that it is more rye-like.

Yeah, but if the "change" makes it actually taste like a rye whiskey, and not just the bourbon-like thing it's been, you'll come out ahead by waiting. :D

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new iteration, in hopes that it is more rye-like.

You certainly have a point -- but I'm looking to minimize downside risk here. If the new one is 'better' -- I have a somewhat accessible product for the forseeable future and I like the current iteration plenty to not feel like I'm stuck with it. If it isn't to my liking, at least I have a reasonable stock of product that I do like. And for $20/btl - a gamble I can actually afford!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.