Bush Pilot Reserve

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I found and bought a favorite last night on way home -- Bush Pilot 13y Reserve. This beauty is offered at 86 proof, unblended (single cask) Canadian, made 1979, bottled 1992. It is a very light color whiskey when compared to bourbon.

Folks, this may look light weight but is wonderful stuff. Ignore the cheap black and white photo of a sea plane in the Canadian wilderness and lame description in back. If you find a bottle, do yourself a huge favor -- get it. About $25. Drink it straight and thank me later.

Cheers,

Omar

Omar:

Bush Pilot is not available in PA, but it was a couple of years ago. I bought a bottle for my son, who was himself a bush pilot in Maine at the time. He said it reminded him of pine trees and was the best encourager for candid "...there I was, flat on my back, without a clue..." stories from pilots that he had found (of course, this encouragement was never sampled closer than 12 hours from bottle to throttle - at least by him...)

Q: What do you say to a bush pilot in a 3-piece suit?

A: "Will the defendant please rise..."

Ralph Wilps

BPPR is one of my all time favorate Whiskies. It used to be my regular Canadian pour until it was pulled from future release by legal problems (with Anheiser Busch). frown.gif I have picked up every bottle I could find for the past 4 years.

If anyone runs across some bottles and is considering a visit to Vegas any time in the next year, I would be much appreciative if they would bring with them anyones they don't want for themselves. In addition to paying for it, I'm sure you could find something in my cabinet you would like to try. tongue.gif

BTW, Canadian Reserve 15yo is a single cask Canada only bottling (AFAIK) and has a very strong resemblance to BPPR. smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.