Bourbon truffle

nor02lei
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bourbon truffle

This is a real favourite of my lady friend. She calls them love truffle. I don’t know what weight measure that is most international so I use the metric system (1 ilb is 454 gram)

300 gram dark chocolate

60 gram butter

6 cl cream (40 % fat)

60 gram brown farin sugar (the sugar you use in a Irish coffee)

9,5-10 cl bourbon (I have tried 4-5 different and WT 8 export is the best so far. Stagg fall 2005 was the least good.

Cacao powder to roll the truffles in

Instructions: Half melt the chocolate in the micro. Let the cream, butter and sugar melt and get hot in a pan on a hotplate. Stir together and thereafter stir in the bourbon as well. Let cool down a bit. Roll to balls and let cool down a bit again. Roll the balls in the powder and store it not to hot. They are good for several months.

My favourite drinks to the truffles is black coffee or Brooklyn black chocolate stout. Spirits would kill the nice taste and I don’t personally particularly like wine with cakes, candy or desserts.

Leif

Hmmm....sounds very interesting.....not too hard to make either. You could roll them in some ground nut too....hazelnut etc.

Hmmm....sounds very interesting.....not too hard to make either. You could roll them in some ground nut too....hazelnut etc.

Yes, and that’s exactly what I do with my bourbon balls.

Leif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.