Partagas Magnifico and A.H. Hirsch 16 Y.O.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

This morning when I got home from work I wanted somethig special and headed for the humidor. I picked out a nice big Partagas 'Black Label' Magnifico. This is quite a heafty stick as it is a 54 ring by 6 inches. It's hand made in the Dominican Republic and has a very dark veiny maduro wrapper. When I nosed this stick it was heavenly and I knew this would be a real treat. Off to the liquor storage facilities to pick out a suitable bourbon. I reached in and a bottle of sixteen year old A.H. Hirsch fairly lept into my outstreached hand. To the Lazyboy!!! was the command of the day.

The Magnifico lit easily and the draw was free and open. The smoke was thick, sweet, and rich with a heavy medium body that was just short of 'full'. I liked it immediately. Within ten minutes the livingroom was full of smoke, and eventhough it was a chilly morning I opened the front door for some ventilation. Now this is a cigar that would really piss off any anti-smoking 'health-nazi'! grin.gif

The flavor was a little nutty with a sweet earthiness not unlike being inside an old dirt floored tobacco barn in Danville, Virginia. The Partagas also had some nice peppery notes to it that really complimented the Hirsch's fine warm finish. The sweetness of the smoke and the sweetness of the bourbon made a perfect pair.

Don't even hesitate for a second. Enjoy the rapture that is Partagas & Hirsch!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.