Dr. Dalton and The Malt Advocate

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jerry Dalton is a chemist with a Ph. D from the University of Louisville. Jerry is also a mystic, and has written "Backwards Down The Path - A New Approach (to) The Tao Te Ching". That makes Jerry a Taoist (but not a communist). He's also the Master Distiller for Jim Beam, and now he is a whiskey writer. The latest Malt Advocate contains his article "Robots In The Distillery - The Digital Distillery". It's written in his laid back Louisvillian accent, and when you read it you can hear him speak. He has a depth of understanding that goes far beyond most mortal men, and this writting glitters with his wisdom.Find it. Read it. Love it.

The interview with Jerry Dalton in Chuck Cowdery's video, "Made and Bottled in Kentucky" hints at the man's depth of thought and spirituality. Having seen that interview, where he occasionally pauses, seemingly to sift through many thoughts to form just the right phrase, I will appreciate all the more reading his article in The Malt Advocate.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefiele

Bump? What bump?

Wasn't your original posted dated with today's date?

Don't tell me you jiggered the date, and I have to look for a back issue of The Malt Advocate to see Dr. Dalton's article.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Linn = "Jerry is also a mystic, and has written "Backwards Down The Path - A New Approach (to) The Tao Te Ching"."

From a personal standpoint, I love this book! Knowing he's involved in the Bourbon industry is icing on the cake for me.

I love this forum!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

OK Doug just come on down to the next Bourbon Festival and I'll see if Jerry will meet with us. He loves to talk about the Tao. He is also writting a new book on the Tao, and he may have finished it but I'm not sure.

I can tell you now, I'll do my best to be in attendance next year. KY isn't really that far of a drive for me (as someone who drives down to FLA a few time each year). Meeting Jerry, along with all you other Bourbon-ites, sounds like a very pleasant passtime.

Bourbon-ites that sounds so much more sophisticated than Bourbon-holics

Saw a bumper sticker the other day

I'm not an Alcoholic

I'm a DRUNK

Alcoholics go to meetings!

Of course we all preach and practice Moderation . smirk.gif

One of my favorite characters from the Howard Stern Show was Hank the angry drunken dwarf. When people used to accuse Hank of being drunk he would reply:

"I'm not drunk... I've just been drinking!" laugh.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.