Evan Williams Honey Reserve?

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

There was a blurb in today's Atlanta paper about Beam's Red Stag. In the same article, there was mention of Heaven Hill introducing an Evan Williams bourbon with honey flavoring in it. They will introduce it as Evan Williams Honey Reserve, this September. I have searched here, but couldn't find any mention of it. Did I miss something? I didn't see anything on the HH website, either. Anybody know what's up with this?

All i found was this:

Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc. is planning its own specialty spirit mixing bourbon and honey flavoring. A spokesman says Evan Williams Honey Reserve is due out in September.

The AP story about Red Stag was the first I'd heard of the flavored Evan Williams, although last year they brought out two flavors of Georgia Moon and they talked then about how flavors are a significant trend. Here's the full quote from the AP piece:

"Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc., which plans to mix honey flavoring into its popular Evan Williams bourbon and call it Evan Williams Honey Reserve, come September, has offered Evan Williams Holiday Egg Nog in season since the early 1990s, spokesman Larry Kass said."

They also sell an Evan Williams Mint Julep at Kentucky Derby time.

• 2 months later...
All i found was this:

Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc. is planning its own specialty spirit mixing bourbon and honey flavoring. A spokesman says Evan Williams Honey Reserve is due out in September.

We started bottling the Evan Williams Honey last Wednesday in WLD...still bottling the EW Honey last night :grin: PS label, square EW 750 bottle...

Thanks for the update, Bettye Jo. Have you tasted it?

As a fan of the original Wild Turkey Liquor, this sounds interesting :)

*Wonders if it will be released to Australia*

Is it a sticky mess?

heh...

Can we mix it with Jagermeister and call it "The Honeybear"?

Did you guys see they are marketing (in the trades) "The Buckshot";

Red Stag & Jager... ?

Can we mix it with Jagermeister and call it "The Honeybear"?

Did you guys see they are marketing (in the trades) "The Buckshot";

Red Stag & Jager... ?

Ive seen that at the mexican restaruant by my house but they call it the stag bomb or something like that

I was looking thru an old NY state liquor catelog from the 1960's, and I saw a Heaven Hill liqueur listed. Anybody seen or had this? I wonder how it might compare to this new product.

Lots of other liqueurs listed too, Old Taylor, Ten High, Four Roses, among others.

Back in the 1960's, Whiskey based liquers were quite popular. In my mini collection I have examples from Seagrams 7, Canadian Club, Windsor, Canadian Mist, George Dickel, J&B scotch, Cutty Sark scotch, Imperial blended American whiskey and probably others I've forgotten. WT honey liquer goes back at least to the 1970's and was originally sold at 80 proof. It will be interesting to see how the EW version tastes!

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.