A little Compassion Needed

dunk50
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been a lurker and have been sampling most pours that I recieved a recommendation for. I settled on a daily pour of the Old Weller Antique 107. Getting it has been very spotty and I buy all that I can find. I just checked 23 liquor stores in my area and found one bottle. Checked online and found some in California and Texas but the will not ship. Would like to buy at least a case of it. Any help would be appreciated. dunk60@gmail.com

Dunk, You're not that far from Chicago. I'm sure that Binny's could take care of your needs with no problem. Joe

Thanks fish, i contacted them and they do not ship to Indiana but I can make a run for the border. I sent them an e-mail asking for the location of the closest that has a case. I appreciated the info. Dunk

South Bend to Chicagoland and back is an easy drive when you have a purpose. :cool:

South Bend to Chicagoland and back is an easy drive when you have a purpose. :cool:

Yeah. Just put on a black suit, black hat, dark sunglasses, and head to Chicago on a Mission from God... :D

Yeah. Just put on a black suit, black hat, dark sunglasses, and head to Chicago on a Mission from God... :D

"We're gettin the band back together"

Don't forget the clapped out old Dodge cruiser! Gotta have the cop engine, cop suspension, cop tires, and cop brakes! :D

Don't forget at least half a pack of cigarettes:slappin:

I have been a lurker and have been sampling most pours that I recieved a recommendation for. I settled on a daily pour of the Old Weller Antique 107. Getting it has been very spotty and I buy all that I can find. I just checked 23 liquor stores in my area and found one bottle. Checked online and found some in California and Texas but the will not ship. Would like to buy at least a case of it. Any help would be appreciated. dunk60@gmail.com

Wow, I've heard of thread drift, but this one got blown out to sea to with gale-force winds!

But just let me say, if you can't find enough booze in a city with a large univeristy whose mascot is a beligerant, drunken Irishman, you've got bigger problems, brother.

Don't forget the clapped out old Dodge cruiser! Gotta have the cop engine, cop suspension, cop tires, and cop brakes! :D

The Weller Antique is hard to find. After hunting many stores in Chicago and the burbs, I've found that not many places stock it (nearly ZERO!).

As someone mentioned earlier, Binny's may have it and I think my usual store carries it and I now realize that my local shop has a decent bourbon variety and it's taken me years to realize it...usually just grabbed EWB and the occasional EWSB. Still need to find an EWSB from 93 and 94.

Buit you can't go wrong with Binny's.

This internet site will ship to anyone their policy is it's up to the buyer to know their state laws and to take the consequences. I not really sure that will hold up in court on thier part. I think both parties would be in trouble.

http://www.internetwines.com/

This internet site will ship to anyone their policy is it's up to the buyer to know their state laws and to take the consequences. I not really sure that will hold up in court on thier part. I think both parties would be in trouble.

http://www.internetwines.com/

like your signature

tried inernetwines, Sams wine and spirits in Chicago as many others. They are all out. I am beginning to believe that they have stopped making it. Any way to verify that!:smiley_acbt:

Dunk, How did it come out when you contacted Binny's? It's worth the drive. Trust me. You're only about 5 or 10 miles further away than me. I've been there 4 times since December. Joe

PS. By the way. I learned to drive in an old Indiana State Police car. A 1969 Mercury Monterey, with a 428 interceptor engine and posi-trak rear end. Zoom-Zoom. :cool:

Fish, I sent Bennys two different e-mails and did not hear from either. Sent to two different people!! Explained my situation. I will call them tomorrow. I did a search but not knowing illinois or Chicago did not know which one was closest. I told them I would like to buy a case if they could point me to the right store. Which one do you go to???

By the way,

Bourbon Recommendations:

Any Eagle Rare, especially the 101

Any Weller, especially Centennial

Anything Van Winkle, Lot B and Pappy 20 are tops

Haven't found the Eagle Rare or Centennial but the 107, Lot B, Pappy 20, are tops on my list also. Picked up a Lot B today while picking up the last bottle of Weller Antique 107 in Northern indiana.

I found a list of Indiana liquor stores - there could be more than 23, it may be a good reference for you. Good luck!

like your signature

tried inernetwines, Sams wine and spirits in Chicago as many others. They are all out. I am beginning to believe that they have stopped making it. Any way to verify that!:smiley_acbt:

Yeah I didn't check before I posted they don't carry it I just checked to see if they would ship to you. Sorry! They still make it I just bought a bottle last week.

Even though you have to go all the way into Chicago, the South Loop Binny's is convenient because it's right off the highway and has a great selection. The locations that might be a little quicker for you are Plainfield and Orland Park. If you want to buy a case of Antique, you might want to call the store first. Especially if you go to Plainfield or Orland Park they might need to get it from one of the larger stores, but I'm sure they'd be happy to do that. There's a small store in Hyde Park, but if you're going to go that far into the city you might as well go to the South Loop and have a corned beef at Manny's while you're there.

The Orland Park store is definitely closer then the Plainfield store...about 40 minutes to be exact. :)

I did get a couple of im's from Joe and will be calling him tomorrow. The Orland Park store is right at 100 miles. I'm game!!:cool:

I'd hit the South Loop store...can't be much further than the Orland store and as Chuck mentioned, Manny's is across the street. Or get it shipped and save $30 something in tax. I don't know if they charge liquor tax on net sales though.

I'd hit the South Loop store...can't be much further than the Orland store and as Chuck mentioned, Manny's is across the street. Or get it shipped and save $30 something in tax. I don't know if they charge liquor tax on net sales though.

They don't ship to Indiana, hence the road trip suggestions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.