New highs for the Van Winkle brands!

ThomasH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am currently vacationing in Myrtle Beach and while out bottle hunting, I saw some new highs in prices for a couple of the Van Winkle bottles. The Lot B was going for 65.00 and the Pappy 23 was priced at 375.00. I'm thankful I have all that I need!

Thomas

Like they say on the "Price is Right"

THAT'S TOO MUCH !

Joe :usflag:

..or in the movie Used Cars:

That's too &*#$^* high!

I've seen the Lot B anywhere between $33 and $45 a bottle.

I wonder who's jacking up the price to $65, the retailer or distributor?

The shop that had it for $33 was the chapest but I guess the average in Chicago is $40 to $45. But I'd probably be willing to pay more. It's damn fine whiskey.

I saw an even bigger joke today: an ORVW 10/90 for 70.00 right next to a Lot B for 65.00!

Thomas

I saw an even bigger joke today: an ORVW 10/90 for 70.00 right next to a Lot B for 65.00!

Thomas

Yep. that's a joke.

I'm sure you passed on both,...you can do better north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Yep. that's a joke.

I'm sure you passed on both,...you can do better north of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Ehhhh, ya'll don't fret, Thomas. Myrtle...tourist traps, and all. Much better deals on them babies, down here. If'n ya know wheres to look...:D

The store that I saw the jacked up prices wasn't even in the big tourist area. I'm getting sticker shock because I paid 24.99 for a ORVW 10/107, 32.99 for a lot B, 39.99 for a Pappy 15 for and 64.00 for the Pappy 20. All have been purchased since May 2007. One bright spot in MB, I did see a Pappy 23 for 179.00+tax. Over all, the better bourbons aren't cheap here!

Thomas

Even though your prices are rising over there in the US you guys still have a sweet deal on VW items - i buy maybe 1 bottle for the same price 3 of yours cost you... freight and customs is a killer... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently vacationing in Myrtle Beach and while out bottle hunting, I saw some new highs in prices for a couple of the Van Winkle bottles. The Lot B was going for 65.00 and the Pappy 23 was priced at 375.00. I'm thankful I have all that I need!

Thomas

Lot 44 at 50 and 23 yr at 200. Good old Missouri, and Illinois.

Russellc

$200 for the Pappy 23 isn't too bad. I haven't seen it much cheaper anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

7/25/2009

ORVW 107 37.99

lot B 48.99

pappy 20 104.99

pappy 23 279.00

Hard to find in Est TN and the price shows. tim

Just recently saw a bottle of Lot B priced at somewhere around $70-80 at a liquor store in DC, I think the one near the Hilton on Florida Ave., North of Dupont Circle.

If I was in DC I wouldn't be shopping for Van Winkle Lot B (even though I love it)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.