A special Canada Day beer

Megawatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Innis & Gunn recently released a special beer to the Canadian market, just for Canada Day. It is a variation of their oak-aged Scottish ale, this one aged in Canadian whisky barrels and made with a recipe that includes malted rye. I'll be having one tonight so I'll post my impressions if anyone is interested...

Please do....I just posted on the "What beer are you drinking" thread a Q about the Innis & Gunn Oak Aged....so this variation sounds interesting. Too bad they are not widely distributed.

Please do....I just posted on the "What beer are you drinking" thread a Q about the Innis & Gunn Oak Aged....so this variation sounds interesting. Too bad they are not widely distributed.

Well to be honest I don't have much experience with the regular oak-aged variety so I can't really compare them. The Canadian cask is quite rich, with a sharp, burnt caramel flavour, a bit of orange, some other dark flavours I can't identify. I was perhaps expecting something a bit lighter. It's a full-flavoured beer, not really my usual choice of style but still quite nice. Expensive as heck, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.