Jack Daniels 150th Anniversary

drfred
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just found two bottles of this in a local store for $19.95 a bottle. Just wondering how it matches up with Gent. Jack or the others? Better, worse, whatever. I noticed it was 90 proof, is this the same as the original Black Jack? Your input appreciated... confused.gif

Tex, I am a hugh JD's fan. Is this the fifth bottle in the series of 7 commemeratives? The fourth is the '14 edition. However, I may not be the one to answer this do to my "biasness" towards JD. I felt the fourth bottle was perhaps a "touch" smoother than regular Jack Black, but not as smooth as The Gent, but not as sweet either. Others/non-fans say all it is..is Jack Black in a fancy bottle!? confused.gif Enjoy. See ya, H'wood cool.gif

I think the 150th anniversary bottle being spoken of is the 150th birthday bottle that was out in 2000. They came in the 750ml, 1L, and 1.75L sizes. It has the years 1850 to 2000 on the front and yes it is 90 proof. I had 2 of the 750ml sizes and opened one. I was pleased with the higher proof bottling of this series. I've got one of each size left but they will remain in my collection. The new gold medal bottle is the 1915 and is the 5th in a series of 7 bottles. The years thus far are 1904, 1905, 1913, 1914, and 1915. I have all 5 of the gold medal series thus far but have not opened any since they are also in my collection. Hope that cleared up a bit...

'Dox, Thanks for the information. I'm very familiar with the 7 bottle series, but not familiar with the 150th B'day Bottle. I don't remember seeing it here! frown.gif Where did you get your 5th bottle? I haven't seen it here yet! frown.gif I'm hoping to see it soon...I've been asking once a week around local stores..No one can tell me anything but- if it is coming here I'll see it between "now" and Christmas. I'm starting to worry, I want to make sure I get the "5th" to keep my collections intact. Let me know... See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Well, from what it seems and what I've read (if it's true) they were only released either in Tennesse or around that imediate area. I had to get mine off e-bay. I have been asking my regular source here in NY for a while about getting it and he had no news on it at all so the stories may be true. Maybe this is JD's way of enhancing the collectibility of the series. I know that the market was, and still is, over flooded with the 1914's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.