My first post

cbeam
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi I'm Craig Beam I am the distiller at Heaven Hill Distillery at the Berheim Plant. My father is Parker Beam

hes the Master Distiller at Heaven Hill. Hes his the 7th generation of Jacob Beam. I have been

with Heaven Hill for 19 years so I have plenty of training under my belt.

Craig

Welcome Craig. As I'm sure you know, bourbon lovers are a friendly and generous bunch, and it is no different here! I look forward to learning a thing or two from your expertise and insight in the bourbon industry smile.gif

Craig,

Welcome, welcome! I can't tell you how happy I am to have you here.

Bettye Jo has told me a bunch about you. What you do for a living is a source of amazement for me.

This is a really good group and I'm tickled you're going to join us.

Beej

Welcome Craig, It's great that you joined us. You will no doubt be able to tell very quickly those of us who know and who doesn't know their Bourbon, One thing is sure we all love it alot! grin.gif

Welcome, Craig!

Hopefully we will neither ask too many diumb questions nor be too hesitant to ask any questions at all.

Perhaps someday you will comment on the creation of the unique flavor profile of Elijah Craig 12 Year Old. Some of us here love it; some are the opposite; and some of us are drawn back to it repeatedly without quite knowing why. Personally, I'm now on my third bottle (a 1.75 L. this time), and I'm still not sure what's going on.

When we get to know you really well, perhaps I'll ask what it's like to be a Master Distiller. (I know it can't be as much fun as I think it is. grin.gif )

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

And I would like to compliment Craig on the Heaven Hill Bonded 100 Proof, which I bought in Bardstown during the festival recently.

Comes in a fluted square-type bottle with an old-fashioned white label.

It has a big dry yet rich taste, I can't quite place the flavour, "sawdust" maybe but that doesn't do it justice.

Was this a shelf relic from 10 years ago or so, or is it still made?

Hi Craig,

It's good to have you aboard with the rest of us. I too am a fan of a number of your products, namely Elijah Craig 12 yo and the Evan Williams Single Barrels. Haven't yet had the opportunity to try the others, but all in good time. I'm sure we'll all to looking forward to learning more about bourbon from your experience!

Bob

• 2 months later...

Hi Craig,

Welcome aboard! Sure am glad to hear from you. All these people here at straightbourbon.com are just super nice. My favorite Heaven Hill bourbons are Elijah Craig 18yo, a bottled and bond 10 year old-the one with the cream colored label. Your dad signed both these bottles for me. As a matter of fact, I just looked and your name is on the 18yo. Again, welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Marvin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.