Absolut-ely Odd

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It says the leather clad bottle with studs is to link the drink with rock music and it turn make the coustomer feel like a rock star. I guess if your dumb enough to think a leather cover for a bottle makes you a rock star your dumb enough to drink vodka!:slappin:(and pay $50+ or whatever it goes for)

It says the leather clad bottle with studs is to link the drink with rock music and it turn make the coustomer feel like a rock star. I guess if your dumb enough to think a leather cover for a bottle makes you a rock star your dumb enough to drink vodka!:slappin:(and pay $50+ or whatever it goes for)

I'm picturing Rob Halford in a series of print ads for that bottle. How's that for metal don?

I'm picturing Rob Halford in a series of print ads for that bottle. How's that for metal don?

That's funny - my first thought was KISS

but I figger they're too busy with M&Ms.

Maybe SPINAL TAP.

Every time I go into a bar I continue to be amazed at the sheer number of vodkas stocked. Even the humblest bar or mass-market chain restaurant seems to have at least four or five brands; each in the growing multitude of "flavors"

I know there are some "super tasters" out there that can tell the difference, but I'd wager that 98%+ of the public can't. Particularly since the bulk of it is drunk mixed with juice, soda, and god knows what else. I can tell the difference between a cheap, rot-gut, bottom shelf brand and a $15 bottle. But between that and a $30 / 50 /100 bottle? Give me a break.

And the trend of every minor celebrity bringing out their own "label"? Just another sign of the decline of civilization.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this line in the ad copy that struck my interest:

...Introduced in 1879 as an absolutely pure vodka' date=' made from locally grown wheat and well-water from the town of Ahus in southern Sweden and using a new distilling process called rectification...[/quote']

Late 1800s new process called rectification? What did that mean to them, a column still? It certainly wasn't adding prune juice.

Roger

I found this line in the ad copy that struck my interest:

Late 1800s new process called rectification? What did that mean to them, a column still? It certainly wasn't adding prune juice.

Roger

The column still wasn't exactly new in 1879, but I can't guess what else they mean. "Rectification" at that time did generally mean redistillation or charcoal filitering or both.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.