A huntin I will go

J.W.
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am goin to spend a few days in Charlottesville VA. Are there any places I should seek out for good deals or great selection?

J.W.

Virginia is a controlled State so really, you will only find current shelf offerings. I'm not familiar with any stores in the Charlottsville area but any ABC will carry a selection of bourbons, some better than others. I will add that VA prices run on the high side.

If you do stop in one of the ABC's, you can look specifically for a couple of items that if you don't have, are worth picking up:

Charter 101

Old Weller Antique

Lot B

Fighting Cock

Also don't forget the two labels with Virginia in their name while you are here.

Virginia Gentleman 90 proof: I am never sure how wide of a distribution this one gets outside of Va, but if you have never had it, it is worth a try.

Virginia Lighting: Its corn whiskey so don't expect anything smooth or refined. That being said I have always had a soft spot for clear whiskey and this is the best I have found that is sold in a store.

Also don't forget the two labels with Virginia in their name while you are here.

Virginia Gentleman 90 proof: I am never sure how wide of a distribution this one gets outside of Va, but if you have never had it, it is worth a try.

Virginia Lighting: Its corn whiskey so don't expect anything smooth or refined. That being said I have always had a soft spot for clear whiskey and this is the best I have found that is sold in a store.

Good call on the VG90 (The Fox). This is a pretty decent bourbon and the distribution is limited so get a bottle if they have it.

Good call on both. I think the VL is the best unaged corn whiskey made.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.