Visitors to the Bourbo-Bunker

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had the Honor and Privilege of receiving 2 guests to the Bourbo-Bunker today. One is a member of this forum, known to us here as "Boone" She brought her Aunt Jo as well. I think most anyone who reads the forum much would have an idea who BettyeJo's aunt is , for those who don't , She has worked extensively with the Getz Museum at Bardstown . She has done a lot of work preserving the Beam family history. She put together a real nice book at Getz that not only chronicles the Beams who have their name on a bottle of Bourbon , but also the Beams who have had their hand in nearly every Mashtub that has had any significance!

We had a nice visit and looked the bottle labels , Jo would point out different ones and name her relatives who at one time distilled those products. She said one year she worked for different distilleries and picked up a check at 3 of them on 1 Friday! My mother and her worked together at Jim Beam in Clermont. My Mom was young when she died (43) it was nice to hear some things from Jo about her.

We didn't taste anything in the Bourbo- Bunker today, there's a signed bottle of Baker's down there I'd perfer not to open, I have an unsigned bottle as well so we could have had Baker's if she had wanted , If there were anything else she would have wanted a taste of, she would not have had to say it twice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.