The Pure Glass by Mason du Whisky of France

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

The Pure Glass by Mason du Whisky of France

I have been wanting to get my hands on the Pure Glass ever since I learned of them. They are georgous! If you've never heard of them or seen them then go here

There are three sizes of this wonderful design; a 33cl (that's 330ml for those of us that are 'metricly challanged') and a 17cl (170ml), and there is a new addition of a 'baby' pure (shot)glass at 6cl (60ml). I just had to have them all, and they only come in pairs. At 30 Euros (roughly $30, but who knows what exchange rate I'll end up with!?) a pair they aren't cheap. Also if there is a way to make something much more difficult than it really needs to be just leave it to the French. You can't just order them online Nooooooooooooo! That would be much too easy. You've got to e-mail them and then after explaining what I wanted about six times they finially charged me an outragous fee of 45 Euros just for shipping to the U.S.A. Also if you're an American then you must be rich so they charge you extra for that as the price quoted on their website is for Europeans only. Americans must pay more. So I got a pair of glasses in each size shipped to my front door for the low low price of only 140 Euros! Or just 23 and a third Euros per pure glass. Well f**k me frenchy!

The pure glasses finally arrived and I love them! They are designed after a pear shaped pot still. The bases are heavy, but not cumbersome, and the glass is thiner at the lip than it is at the bottom. What I like best about the pure glass is that it's stemless. That's right! No sissy assed stem to break. The large size fits perfectly in the palm of my hand and is an excellent rocks glass. Snifters look so stupid with ice in them - well fear not - the pure glass looks great with ice in it.

The BIG deal with the Pure Glass is it's shape. It noses just as well as any nosing glass (which in turn are lousey drinkers) and drinks just as well as any snifter. I'm very happy to have them and they have become my hands down favorite whiskey glass. The smaller 170ml size is perfect for neat sipping, while the baby 60ml size is perfect for my shotglass collection therefore making it perfect for my famous 'shotglass test'.

The Pure Glass is the perfect glass and is the very best whiskey glass I've ever tried.

Ah, mon ami. Les verres du whiskey sont tres gentils, n'est-ce pas? Mais oui!! J'aimerai avoir les verres, mais Je n'ai pas beaucoup d'argent. Donc, J'acherterai du whiskey grin.gif

I wish. This is the first time I have seen these glasses and I am impressed initially. I hope you will post some notes on their performance as you become better aquainted with them laugh.gif Maybe for Christmas: "Leslie, lets make a little trip to France to pick up my present. It will be cheaper than paying the shipping costs" grin.gif

Au Revoir

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

They are made of very high grade crystal. The glass is thicker at the bottom and thins out to a very delicate rim. It is almost as thin as the rim of my Pubgear nosing glass and thiner than the Glencairn. The 170ml size is also a little larger than the Glencairn, which is a good thing. It noses just as well and drinks better. I cannot tell if they are hand blown or machine made, but I can tell you that they are perfectly executed and flawless in every detail. The pear shaped pot-still design is absolutly perfect. It's so simple and so effective. Face it, when you're drinking out of the Pure Glass you've got a piece of fine art in your hands that deserves a place in the Metropolitian Museam of Art. Just pour your favorite master distiller's artwork into the Pure Glass artwork and presto now you're artwork too! The large size is perfect for 'on the rocks' drinking. And let's face the facts folks - There just isn't a sexier glass on the market. That's a litle something the French are knowledgable about. Because the shipping is so high I would recomend that you buy a pair of both the large and small sizes. The baby size is really more of a novelity. I've not tried it, but I'm sure it works. If several Bourbonians are interested placing a larger order together would defray shipping. Also some might be interested in splitting up a couple of pairs. Of course the best way to get them is to pop in the Mason du Whisky shop when you're in Paris shopping for your wife's Christmas present. Psssst - Don't forget a little something sexy for your girlfriend too! blush.gifsmirk.gif

As I noted in an earlier thread, I'm very fond of the Pure Glass. laugh.gif The medium size is my favorate glass for Bourbon. tongue.gif The large size is the only glass I like for drinking on the rocks. I haven't seen or tried the small ones. I rarely do shots, but if I ever was inclined, it sounds like that's the right glass. Let us know after you try those too.

• 2 weeks later...

Linn,

How long did it take for your glasses to arrive? I sent an e-mail today requesting pricing and shipping information, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Was there any kind of express shipping available?

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I got so called express air shipping into RFK. Took about a week. Apparently the French have 'Second Week Air' rather than 2nd Day Air. Jeff you'll get an answer sometime this week I should think. With any luck you'll have your glasses sometime next year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.