Bourbon Cream Liqueur

IronHead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did I hallucinate this or is someone making a cream liqueur similar to Bailey's using Bourbon instead of Irish Whiskey?

I grabbed a bottle for my wife today at BT. She hates bourbon but loves the cream liqueur.

You fellas read my mind. My wife hates bourbon but loves Bailey's. I was going to pick up a bottle for her.

We got into cream liquers during our trips to Jamaica where we discovered rum creme (Have not found a good one imported to the states yet - we enjoy Sangsters). So was very happy when a fellow SB'er was kind enough to bring us a couple of bottles of BT bourbon creme to the last Sampler.

In addition to these, we also keep on hand

Voyant - a Chai based creme liqueur

1921 Tequila Creme

Drumgray - A scotch based liqueur

Tom

I have to pick up bottles of the BT stuff this weekend for 4 different people plus myself. That stuff is insane and I cant believe they haven't gotten it out into the wild yet.

We got into cream liquers during our trips to Jamaica where we discovered rum creme (Have not found a good one imported to the states yet - we enjoy Sangsters). So was very happy when a fellow SB'er was kind enough to bring us a couple of bottles of BT bourbon creme to the last Sampler.

In addition to these, we also keep on hand

Voyant - a Chai based creme liqueur

1921 Tequila Creme

Drumgray - A scotch based liqueur

Tom

Try the Voyant with Maker's Mark ... about 1/2 each ... and top off with a sprinkle of cinnamon. It tastes a whole lot like you are drinking a slice of pumpkin pie ...

Paul (p_elliott) and I went on the BT hardhat tour with Fred (mobourbon) last Thursday morning. At the end of the tour we had a tasting. We tasted BT, BT Whitedog, and the BT Bourbon Creme Liqueur. The Creme Liqueur was a big surprise. I grabbed a couple of bottles. I looked around a bit, picked up a couple more things, then went back and grabbed two more bottles. I'm glad I did. My wife had a taste the other night and really likes it. Me too. Joe

Joe,

Is it closer to Bailey's or closer to bourbon in taste?

Sounds like something that may wind up in my coffee on the weekends.

I bought it thinking my wife would like it, she doesn't. She's not a big drinker how ever I do like so I will drink it. I wonder how it would taste if you add some more bourbon to it? They added root beer to it at the distillery. I've had Irish cream with vodka and Amaretto and it's very good.

Joe,

Is it closer to Bailey's or closer to bourbon in taste?

Sounds like something that may wind up in my coffee on the weekends.

It's a lot like Bailey's. Not as much of a cocoa or chocolate taste, but the bourbon adds a slightly different/unique flavor. Very smooth and rich. It's really good. :yum: Hope they start distributing it nationwide. Joe

I might send Fred a PM and see if he's heard anything about if and when it might be available.

Well, I may have to drive down to BT on my next weekday off for a bottle...and the incidental hard hat tour.

I asked if there was a plan to extend retail sales outside of the gift shop and was told "no, not any time soon at least."

Has anyone done some tasting notes for this? What about a side-by-side with Baileys?

No comparison to Baileys, BT Cream Liqueur crushes it in terms of flavor.

I bought nearly two cases of the stuff in September after bringing back a few bottles in April. I would seriously not be surprised if this April it turns into three.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found another Cream Liqueur this week while in Barbados. Ponche Kuba is made by Mount Gay and is another rum cream. It is much lighter than any of cream liqueur that we've tried (only 9% ABV) and has a nutmeg edge to it. A quick search seemed to show that it is available in NY, CT, and CA but not in the midwest. Brought back 2 bottles to play with until we can get to one of the coasts with an empty suitcase to pick up some more.

Tom

• 1 month later...

I have a bottle of the Liberty Cream and my wife had been

having a glass or two over a few nights. She really liked it

and thought it might be something she'd enjoy on a regular

basis. After three nights, the bottle was almost 1/2 gone!

Thanks to a BE member I was able to trade for a bottle of

the BT Cream. I did a blind side-by-side for my wife. After

tasting both we learned that she liked the BT better. It is

a bit darker in color and she found it to be "smoother" than

the Liberty. We did not include Bailey's in the test as she

felt she would be able to tell the difference and wanted to

stick with the bourbon creams.

I see that there is also an Old Whiskey River Bourbon Cream.

Since my local store carries OWR Bourbon, maybe I'll ask if

they can get the Cream.

I still haven't had time to drive down to BT for any. I wish like hell they'd distribute this stuff so I could just pick one up at the liquor store.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.