Worth it or just a stupid idea?

SippinWhiskey
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I drink alot of good bourbon and am left with a nice looking empty bottle afterwords which still smells of great whiskey inside. What if I stored my coffee grounds in the empty bottle, would it infuse it at all? Not a chance or too much? Am i just being stupid? whatya think

your discard grinds, the beans themselves, or ground coffee you are going to use?

This sounds like a good experiment. don't know how it could hurt the coffee, really.

If you are going to try it, I'd suggest doing whole bean, as they have room to breathe between beans (and coffee is better freshly ground anyway).

If you are going to try it, I'd suggest doing whole bean, as they have room to breathe between beans (and coffee is better freshly ground anyway).

at the very least, a bottle of Eagle Rare is a cool place to store coffee beans. :cool:

Maker's does a bourbon infused coffee ... alhough in a blind tasting with a group of friends, no one could recognise the taste as bourbon ... it was split 50 - 50 beween hazelnut and hickory ... it was good ... just not what I expected.

Woodford has one too. It was awful in my espresso maker, which wasn't a fair test. I haven't tried it in a regular coffee maker.

Why not simply add a splash of bourbon after the coffee is made?

I can't get away with that at work, but might get away with 'infused' coffee :skep: :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.